Water Temperature help.

oafguy

I have a 130G tank. I use a Little Giant pump for my sump and a Berlin H.O. Turbo skimmer. I have a problem keep the temperature of my tank under 84.5oF I would like to keep it at around 77 oF - 80 oF. I feel that it might be the pump, but I can't afford to buy a new one right now. I do not have a lid on the tank now and I use normal fluorescent lights (4 bulbs) I would like to drop the temp by at least 4 oF.

buzz

Well, if you can't afford the pump, chances are, a chiller is out of the question too...
Do you have any fans blowing under the hood? That may cool things down some if not.

bang guy

85F isn't a bad temp to maintain as long as it doesn't fluctuate much.
I agree with the fan suggestion. This will provide immediate help. You could also point a fan into the sump to speed up evaporation.

jumpfrog

What's the temperature in your house and where are you? If you have these temps in December, I'd worry about July:eek:
It seems that in a 130 a pump shouldn't raise the temp that much. Do you have any heaters? Have you checked to make sure one of them isn't stuck.
I'm only saying that as I have a brand new Ebo Jager which stays stuck on. It took me two weeks to completely figure it out. Removed the sucker and added another small heater and temps right where I want it now.
Good Luck!