wave 2k

1journeyman

Originally Posted by cwgibson
thats what mine looks like im going to call him tomorrow.
Let me know what he says.

bonebrake

It is a lot to ask, but could either of you guys provide a short video of this thing in action?
:notsure:
I want to see what it is capable of. I either want a very life-like wavemaker or a wave surge device on my next tank.
:joy:

bonebrake

Never mind... I just found videos of it in action through Google. I am definitely getting one. The prices are very reasonable! I couldn't build a surge device for those prices not to mention the time it would take me.

bonebrake

Right now I have two JBJ nano cubes: 24 gal. DX and a 12 gal. DX. I am moving in July 2007 and I am in the market to upgrade to a much larger system at that time (75-240). Planning starts now.

J

jrthomas40

jr what size is your tank,and do you have powerheads?

my tank is a 90g and i dont have powerheads yet....there is a guy who is suppose to hold me 2 koralia's when they get them in but i dont know how that is going to work out

J

jrthomas40

i would spend the extra cash and get the wave 2k.
which one did you go with???

james983

I have 1 center unit on my 150. Great flow. The noise is a small issue, I think the water in my sump makes more noise. I do suggest getting the baffles if you have sand. Even with them, the unit move a fair amount around. I had to install them when it was already in tank, which was a bit if a pain. Overall, I'm very happy with it.

rykna

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
you like it that much huh???
No tank should be without one!!!!! Especially a reef tank

bonebrake

Originally Posted by sign guy
Its 1/25hp 1.2amp 115 volt 50/60hz if that ansewers your questian let me know
Watts = Amps x Volts
138 watts = 1.2 amps x 115 volts

dskrezyna

Do you need powerheads if you have this wavemaker? It sure looks like a lot of flow! Does the hanger/hook get in the way of using a canopy?

1journeyman

Originally Posted by dskrezyna
Do you need powerheads if you have this wavemaker? It sure looks like a lot of flow! Does the hanger/hook get in the way of using a canopy?
Yes... your canopy will have to be modified. The pump hangs on the outside of the tank. I built my canopy overhanging on both sides to accomodate it.

sign guy

alright I just got back form meeting the inveter and whoa this thing no mater
where you put it in the tank is gonna move some water

sign guy

i wish it told you how much gph the smaller and corner units make.....i am a little sketchy on the big center unit being so strong...i only want medium flow
same amount but its all about how it moves the water not the amount pluss it moves water gently not like PH's or that tunze crap

sign guy

yeah really that is pretty cool of you....i seen that chart but it doesnt really tell me anything i am in that middle range with a 90g tank so if a center unit is high flow to a 120 then i know it is high flow for my 90 and the way my tank is made i dont have room for 2 corner units...so i am very confused how i would find that happy medium
you need one ceter unit that is all that rynka had in her 90

sign guy

with a 210 i would think that after the intial sand "dusting" everything should settle and you would be cool with 1 center unit and 2 corners
I just bought 2 for my 210 and he said that if any one needed deverters he would send them to you

sign guy

do you know what the power consumption is for this thing is??
about the same of a 150w house light bulb