We find out today...

mr. limpid

Total missed that Gemmy.
Congrats its a girl, my daughter gave me a grand daughter her name is Liliana
Flower "Even Rapunzel locked way up in a tower managed to grow her hair and bring a boy to her room...." I believe its you girls that are the trouble, most of us guys wouldn't even no the way unless we weren't shown.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonZim http:///t/389433/we-find-out-today/40#post_3442090
That's a pretty ridiculous statement
No it isn't...It isn't set in stone or anything, ... It's just a little saying I always heard.
Daughters stay close to her family because mom is her guide for cooking, running a home and caring for the children. It's the woman who pretty much decides what is done within the family. The husband follows the wifes lead.
I lived close to my mother, but my husbands mom lived in Tennessee and we visited her once a year duing vacation time, we loved his mother dearly and she is the sweetest lady ever. She had 5 boys and everyone of them lived close to the wifes family. However one son had a daughter and he was killed in a car accident. She raised the baby girl up and guess what...that young lady is now married with two children and she lives close to her granny, the only mother she ever knew.
Now I have to wonder...why would a little saying like that upset you enough to cause you to comment that it was rediculous? It is not a slur on son's, nor meant as anything but a little saying...Daughters are forever.
LOL..Mr. Limpid...girls are smart and in spite of our best efforts..they love and marry whom they choose. We don't have any say in the matter. Even locking them away in a tall tower, they find that boy. We can only hope they make a good choice.

dragonzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/389433/we-find-out-today/40#post_3442094
No it isn't...It isn't set in stone or anything, ... It's just a little saying I always heard.
Daughters stay close to her family because mom is her guide for cooking, running a home and caring for the children. It's the woman who pretty much decides what is done within the family. The husband follows the wifes lead.
I lived close to my mother, but my husbands mom lived in Tennessee and we visited her once a year duing vacation time, we loved his mother dearly and she is the sweetest lady ever. She had 5 boys and everyone of them lived close to the wifes family. However one son had a daughter and he was killed in a car accident. She raised the baby girl up and guess what...that young lady is now married with two children and she lives close to her granny, the only mother she ever knew.
Now I have to wonder...why would a little saying like that upset you enough to cause you to comment that it was rediculous? It is not a slur on son's, nor meant as anything but a little saying...Daughters are forever.
LOL..Mr. Limpid...girls are smart and in spite of our best efforts..they love and marry whom they choose. We don't have any say in the matter. Even locking them away in a tall tower, they find that boy. We can only hope they make a good choice.
Didnt upset me at all, I just thought it was a very silly generalization.
My wife and her sister both moved 300 and 1200 miles away from their family respectively. My sister moved 200 miles away from my family. I live 20 minutes from where I grew up.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
It is a generalization, however, I believe Flower was intending to light heatedly throw in an old saying that is fairly well known by most people.
I'm sure your intention was not to say that Flower's comment was silly; after all what she said is a commonly known saying and it was actually directed to BTLDreef .

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/389433/we-find-out-today/40#post_3442139
It is a generalization, however, I believe Flower was intending to light heatedly throw in an old saying that is fairly well known by most people.
I'm sure your intention was not to say that Flower's comment was silly; after all what she said is a commonly known saying and it was actually directed to BTLDreef .

Thanks, it was indeed only intended as a lighthearted old saying.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonZim http:///t/389433/we-find-out-today/40#post_3442110
Didnt upset me at all, I just thought it was a very silly generalization.
My wife and her sister both moved 300 and 1200 miles away from their family respectively. My sister moved 200 miles away from my family. I live 20 minutes from where I grew up.
All is peaceful...it was just an old saying...you know like cold hands, warm heart.
I always lived close to my job, I was the main bread winner in my family. I think in all truth that's what really dictates where a family will live and even then, there will always be an exception because people are different...that's what makes life interesting.
However I think BTLDreef having a baby girl is a wonderful thing...I'm sure we can all agree on that!

mr. limpid

"All is peaceful...it was just an old saying...you know like cold hands, warm heart." Now Flower you have offended me, my wife's heart is cold as ice and she has ice cold hands and feet. Just kidding about both. I was trying to find something, but couldn't.

2tangcrazy

I'm from the South originally and there the saying goes" Your son is your son,til he takes a wife. Your daughter's your daughter for the rest of your life." There is a very different bond between a mother and daughter. Congrats!!!! Now you have one of each. You will also now have someone that will shop with you, AND enjoy it. lol

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tangCrazy http:///t/389433/we-find-out-today/40#post_3442628
I'm from the South originally and there the saying goes" Your son is your son,til he takes a wife. Your daughter's your daughter for the rest of your life." There is a very different bond between a mother and daughter. Congrats!!!! Now you have one of each. You will also now have someone that will shop with you, AND enjoy it. lol
This will be our first child.
I just hope I have a better relationship with her than I had with my mother growing up.

tirtza

Congratulations!!! I'm sure she'll fall in love with the SWF hobby as well. I think it'd be hard not to fall in love with the hobby if you grow up in a home where there is a tank.
Quote:
LMAO ur funny.....im thinkin that theres just as many girls in this hobby as men.
I totally agree, it seems to me that there are many more males in this hobby than women. It's just a guess though. I'd love to see some stats to prove my hypothesis.

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirtza http:///t/389433/we-find-out-today/40#post_3442884
Congratulations!!! I'm sure she'll fall in love with the SWF hobby as well. I think it'd be hard not to fall in love with the hobby if you grow up in a home where there is a tank.
I totally agree, it seems to me that there are many more males in this hobby than women. It's just a guess though. I'd love to see some stats to prove my hypothesis.
If my local reef club is any indication, I'm one of maybe 5-10 woman. We are sorely out numbered!