We got a Mini-Van

kjr_trig

Well with 2 kids now, and the prospect of driving to San Diego for a short vacation over Thanksgiving looming, we traded my wife's beautiful, gas guzzling, 22 inch wheeled, 350 horse power/throw you back in your seat, Chrysler 300C for a ugly but unbelievably convenient fully loaded Chrysler Town and Country Mini-Van

We are officially Mini-Van people

The "thing" does have some amazing features, 2 TV's with headphones, backup camera, can stow all the back seats, navigation, remote start, auto open doors, and we got almost $10,000 off of it as it was their last 09.
At least I still have my BMW to drive.
Yet when I walked into the garage this morning (my day off) it was mysteriously missing (my wife took it to work leaving me with "it").

cranberry

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/3172989
Yet when I walked into the garage this morning (my day off) it was mysteriously missing (my wife took it to work leaving me with "it").

Bahahahahahahaha! I can see you standing there looking at "it", with quiet disgust.

stdreb27

bahaha
You know I'm not going to lie, a mini-van is an amazingly convinient vehicle for kids. Huge sliding doors, nice bucket seats, they are really nice. But what is funny for some reason, all the guys at work who own minivans, drive them to work, because their wife's take their good cars. Should have asked my advice, I would have warned you...

t316

Everybody talks crab about them but with kids, you can't beat them
When you want some peace and quiet, just turn on the dvd and throw some head phones their way.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3173001
So any tail gating in Corpus Christi? That sounds like a decent vehicle for it!!!!!
No, tailgating, but I will say, I played golf yesterday in shorts and a Tshirt. How is michigan this time of year.

spanko

Michigan is actually doing very well for this time of the year. Highs in the mid 50's lows in the mid to high 30's. Just waiting for the snow to drop!!!

kjr_trig

This is the first vehicle we have had Navigation on....Pretty cool, just took the kids to get the H1N1 shots (finally), and the Nav took me right to door, I get grumpy when I can't find what I'm looking for, this could save some arguing with my wife whom is also a horrible navigator.

browniebuck

growing up with 2 older sisters, my parents' family car was a 1987 Ford Thunderbird (2 seater). I can remember MANY a family outing when I was sandwiched between those two...and hating every minute of it, as I was always a little taller than average growing up.
As soon as I got out of high school (my 2 sisters were then out of the house), my parents roll into the driveway with a brand new, tricked out Mercury Villager...I was floored!
My (now) wife and I got to take the Villager with a couple of our friends to

[hr]
Head Island, South Carolina...and that is the ONLY way that I will make a long trip like that again...so much room for bags, coolers, room for gaseous emissions to escape before they reach the driver's seat, enough room that you can talk about the people in the back without them knowing that you are doing it...
but, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING when we were all piled into that '87 T-Bird???

browniebuck

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3173009
No, tailgating, but I will say, I played golf yesterday in shorts and a Tshirt. How is michigan this time of year.

Yeah...Ohio was beautiful on Saturday...my uncle called to see if I wanted to play golf, knowing full well that I couldn't because of a shoulder surgery a few weeks back (he was looking for an opportunity to beat me for the first time in YEARS!!!). Now that the shoulder is "supposedly" fixed....should lower my handicap by at least 3 to 5 shots from the end of last season (went from 7 up to 10 due to pain and fear of certain shots).

flower

Well with 2 kids now, and the prospect of driving to San Diego for a short vacation over Thanksgiving looming, we traded my wife's beautiful, gas guzzling, 22 inch wheeled, 350 horse power/throw you back in your seat, Chrysler 300C for a ugly but unbelievably convenient fully loaded Chrysler Town and Country Mini-Van

We are officially Mini-Van people

The "thing" does have some amazing features, 2 TV's with headphones, backup camera, can stow all the back seats, navigation, remote start, auto open doors, and we got almost $10,000 off of it as it was their last 09.

I love...love...love my Chrysler Town and country! I have grown children, and I still would rather have the van then the Mustang I used to drive, and it is just me now.
I can put anythig in it...all the back seats lay flat for storage, so no removing the seats...My tank came home in that van! The grand kids can watch videos if they want when I travel with them..it drives like a dream.
Congratulations on a good buy!...Even if you are not mature enough to know it yet...LOL

ironeagle2006

Trust me my wife at first was leary about dating me since I drove a Mini-van. However when she saw how easy it was for her and I and her son to go anywere we wanted together without feling like we were shoehorned into her Focus.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3173057

Did ya take the 300c to a Drift challenge or AutoX, as a final farewell?
The 300 is such a sweet car, the thing was dead sexy too with the black chrome 22's on it.
I should have destroyed the tires, they were brand new, damn factory Continentals lasted a whole 30,000 miles. New tires didn't add any value on trade, that's for sure.

aw2x3

You totally made my day...boring day, nothing to do, bored out of my mind...checking out the forums and I read that statement. I laughed for a few minutes.
How dare she leave you with the mom-mobile. lol

aquaknight

http:///forum/post/3173121
The 300 is such a sweet car, the thing was dead sexy too with the black chrome 22's on it.
I should have destroyed the tires, they were brand new, damn factory Continentals lasted a whole 30,000 miles. New tires didn't add any value on trade, that's for sure.
LOL, I've got some Max Summer Performance tires on the Caddy, that should have only lasted 20k, but nearing 30k at the moment with lots still left (BFGoodrich KDW's). Wore the tires that were on it out in maybe 15k (GY RS-A).
I'm sure I've shared this before, but growing up, my Mom had all of the soccer moms. Got a brand new Taurus in 1989 that was a solid car (minus the clearcoat peel), but wasn't going to cut it for 3 children. Traded it in for a Ford Aerostar in 1993. We got what "everyone else got" in terms of their practically. Room for everyone and luggage, took so many road trips after we got it. For some reason we later got crazy and got a Chevy Mark III Conversion van in 1997. Huge, gorgeous Learjet-esque ********, sofa bed in the back. Just too many sacrifices, the sofa doesn't come out, so for as large at that thing is, most of the stuff has to go in the middle. Too tall to fit anywhere. But boy, two 4000 mile roadtrips to Vermont and back were effortless. 2001 we got our first Suburban, and got a new one in 2007.
Honestly, the Suburbans have been the most useful. Can tow almost anything, and the ******** space is right up there with the Mini-Vans. In 2001 we were looking at Caravan's too, but just felt such a step down. The Suburban was more a side step. They're soo much tougher. Blast down a washed out road, throw the wet dogs in the back. The only sacrifice has been mileage. But it's not that bad. Honestly we get over 20mpg on the highway.
Anyways just a thought, maybe in a year or two since she 'technically' got hers, maybe trade-in the 3-series, since the larger car is gone and move upmarket? 550i 6-speed? 740i?

crypt keeper

Thats when you throw on some tunes and sing Pimpin aint easy!
We rented a Mini Van for our trip to west point. They are practical and 6 speed auto great gas mileage.

cranberry

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3174227
They are practical and 6 speed auto great gas mileage.
I think you flipped your age around in your profile. It says 27.... but you really sound 72. Practical? Great gas mileage? *sniff* I smell senior stench