weight loss journal

ruaround

Originally Posted by DragonZim
http:///forum/post/3242530
I've never once eaten one of their frozen meals..
The point system WORKS
honestly im glad it is working for you... stick with it man...
i have seen it too many times (friends and relatives and even celebrities) the amount of weight they lost is put back on with a little more in a matter of mos...

dragonzim

Originally Posted by ruaround
http:///forum/post/3242533
honestly im glad it is working for you... stick with it man...
i have seen it too many times (friends and relatives and even celebrities) the amount of weight they lost is put back on with a little more in a matter of mos...
Were they doing weight watchers or something like Nutrisystem, South Beach or another of those no carb, high protein diets? WW has the track record of being the most succesful of all the diet plans out there because it is really the only one that teaches lifestyle and eating habit change rather than telling you exactly what you must eat at every meal. Those, and the no carb diets are pretty much destined to fail since they do nothing to address what you are supposed to do once you lose all the weight you want to lose. Most people that I've seen do those programs put the weight right back on after they stop eating the special foods or bring carbs back.

ruaround

Originally Posted by DragonZim
http:///forum/post/3242534
Were they doing weight watchers or something like Nutrisystem, South Beach or another of those no carb, high protein diets? WW has the track record of being the most succesful of all the diet plans out there because it is really the only one that teaches lifestyle and eating habit change rather than telling you exactly what you must eat at every meal. Those, and the no carb diets are pretty much destined to fail since they do nothing to address what you are supposed to do once you lose all the weight you want to lose. Most people that I've seen do those programs put the weight right back on after they stop eating the special foods or bring carbs back.
all were WW point systemers...

el guapo

every diet is destined to fail. Just the idea of dieting , lol. now changing your life style and who you are is where it really is at. and that takes time and dedication. Everybody is on a diet and that is from the first sip of mothers milk/ formula- till that last ice chip on your death bed. WW,South beach all of them are just quick fixes. They are designed to get quick results. we all want quick results. They want you to yo-yo on the diets so you will keep using their product. Anybody that tells you different is lying. You have to make smart life long choices. Sure you can eat cardboard for a few weeks but sooner or later your going to eat a pizza and then another and athen pizza and wings , then pizza wings and a beer , then add some ice cream. There is more to it then just eating whats on the list or adding points up. ITs the time of day you eat and what you eat when. The most fit people I know eat red meat and carbs. portion controll is a huge part too.

reefraff

Originally Posted by EL GUAPO
http:///forum/post/3242608
every diet is destined to fail. Just the idea of dieting , lol. now changing your life style and who you are is where it really is at. and that takes time and dedication. Everybody is on a diet and that is from the first sip of mothers milk/ formula- till that last ice chip on your death bed. WW,South beach all of them are just quick fixes. They are designed to get quick results. we all want quick results. They want you to yo-yo on the diets so you will keep using their product. Anybody that tells you different is lying. You have to make smart life long choices. Sure you can eat cardboard for a few weeks but sooner or later your going to eat a pizza and then another and athen pizza and wings , then pizza wings and a beer , then add some ice cream. There is more to it then just eating whats on the list or adding points up. ITs the time of day you eat and what you eat when. The most fit people I know eat red meat and carbs. portion controll is a huge part too.
I should hire you to be my trainer

The low carb stuff works really well for me. I have a slow metabolism anyway and being gimped really presents challenges. Not only do I have a hard time moving around, it leaves a lot of snack time.
I am really trying to go with more fish and some of the soy products, healthy proteins and try to stick with healthy carbs from stuff like rice but damn, ever once in a while you just gotta have a burger and fries.

el guapo

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3242737
Good times has an artery clogging contraption called the big mama bacon burger or something like that. It should be illegal.

I might have to check that out... After all Goodtimes is only 150 feet out the front door :D

reefraff

http:///forum/post/3242897
I might have to check that out... After all Goodtimes is only 150 feet out the front door :D

Big Daddy burger it is. They also has some killer fry sauce but charge for the stuff.

ryancw01

http:///forum/post/3242608
+1. In order to lose weight you have to BURN MORE CALORIES THAN YOU ARE EATING. It is pretty simple. If you are not active and are not burning calories on a regular basis then you just simply have to eat less. I do not think it matters too much what you are eating if you are burning. If you cannot run, then you can ride a bike, if you cannot ride a bike, then you can walk, etc.

crypt keeper

Originally Posted by Ryancw01
http:///forum/post/3242985
+1. In order to lose weight you have to BURN MORE CALORIES THAN YOU ARE EATING. It is pretty simple. If you are not active and are not burning calories on a regular basis then you just simply have to eat less. I do not think it matters too much what you are eating if you are burning. If you cannot run, then you can ride a bike, if you cannot ride a bike, then you can walk, etc.
do you know have active you would have to be?
If you think that just burning cals is your issue you are so wrong. Its matters 100% what you are eating.

el guapo

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3243629
do you know have active you would have to be?
If you think that just burning cals is your issue you are so wrong. Its matters 100% what you are eating.
Because you have to burn off more calories that what your consuming. You have to be active enough that your metabolism can take a balanced diet and use what it needs and bypass what it doesn't.
Not every calorie you ingest is used by your body. Some Calories are stored for later use (fat calories). That is why diets low in fat are a good start. Protein and carb calories are used more readily by your body. Where as calories from fat are stored. People decide oh I am going to go on this trendy diet and only eat carbs or only protein. You can only trick your body so long. You have to eat a BALANCED diet(which includes fat). Having some fat in your diet is like putting a 20 dollar bill deep down in your wallet where if you need it you can pull out all the CC's and papers and other stuff and use it when you really need it. To be honest most people myself included have no reason to have extremely low bodyfat %.
To many people get hung up on the idea of if I only eat this small meal a day my body has no choice but to shed the pounds because I am only putting X amount of callories in my system. Truth of it is you need to eat multiple times a day to keep you body in the (we don't need this go ahead and bypass it mode). You start eating one or two meals and your body starts to think (we need to hang on to this just incase).Thats when it starts to store the fat calories.
Breakfast is the most important part of the day and should be the biggest and most balanced meal. Your putting everything in it you need to start the day. then through out the day you should eat 2-3 smaller meals equally spaced out through the day. Dinner should be the last and lightest meal of the day. Its time to shut the place down and turn off the lights. Your body is going into a state of rest and doesn't need a lot of extra work to do( because honestly its going to do a half arsed job and not perform right. Your going to sleep roughly and not get good rest and the food is going to slow down its trip through the system and start to hang out. The saying goes "Idle hands are the devils plaything" slow moving bowels are going to cause issues( store fat, as well as allow the waste to stay in your system and poison your body).