weird clam?

deejeff442

my new clan keeps moving on its side? i keep pushing it in the sand straight up like the other one but it keep going back on its side.is this ok?seems to me the light is above it so why does it keep doing this?i was thinking of moving it but i dont know.

spanko

T.crocea are a high light rock boring clam. move your clam to a place in the rock where it is supported on the sides but not trapped so that it cannot open fully.

btldreef

+1
If you really want it in the sand, you need to bury a rock in the sand for it to attach to. But they really do better IN rockwork. They're also called the "rock boring clam."

deejeff442

well thank you both.i have plenty of places for it in the rockwork.it will have to be tomorrow.i acid stained a floor and its all over my hands and dont wash off too easy.
now the deresa clam seems to love the sand.

deejeff442

just moved it to the top of the tank not right under the mh but between two of the mh lights .alot more flow where he is now also.so i will check on him tomorrow thanks.

deejeff442

speaking of jumping.i found my flame hawk in my outside overflow box yesterday.thats twice he jumped and lived.3rd times a charm right?

deejeff442

yes when i have more than 5 extra minutes.i am leaving now to go do some estimates.busy busy.oh my sister in law got suckered into taking the dog back to buffalo .

deejeff442

yep .buffalo NY i hope this little girl like the cold and snow.
its been nice my sister in law loves to cook so i have been eating like a king all week.
well the clam is sitting straight up and seems happy but now i cant see the top of her .i have a small 3 inch across polyp rock i think i am going to move more toward the bottom .i think i am going to move her there.

deejeff442

yep she is already glued to the rock.guess she stays therewell she must be happy if she planted herself i guess.