well, he went and did it...

polarpooch

My boyfriend went and got a pair of GTPs...this first one, I'm calling her "little witch from hell" is mean as can be....

polarpooch

this little girl is actually very tame so far...at least she hasn't struck at me....whaddya think folks...think I'll be the one cleaning these girls' cages? QUITE LIKELY.

mr. tuna

That it awsome!!
i always wanted a green tree pythin, but they are aggresive.
i have a baby ball python ( 6 months old.) :D

polarpooch

Mr. Tuna, you have a nice looking BP there! I have one, too...the BP is mine, the rainbow is sort of mine, and the mean A$$ GTP is my boyfriend's as is the nice, little one. I wouldnt' even know where to begin caring for these girls...but I imagine I'll learn now!

mr. tuna

Thanks for the comment polarpooch!
Pythons are so much easier to take care of than saltwater fish..
I feed my snake every 2 weeks, and give him proper lighting, and water, and he is thriving!
And does your GTP change any coloration?
because they can be know to be red to yellow, and to green as they grow.

polarpooch

They'll change color to green. They are called "Arus", which means they're strictly yellow as youngsters, then green with white, or blue markings when they're older...at least that's what my boyfriend says.
The big one is already starting to change...you can see it on her back in the first pic.
I haven't decided which is harder...fish or snakes. I haven't had my snakes long enough to know...but starting out, they're not nearly as complicated as SWF, that's for sure!

lovethesea

:thinking:
:scared:
:nervous:
did you hear it AGAIN Polar? I bet you did

Good god that snake is colorful. At first I thought it was a scarf or something when I scrolled down to the pic. Still scares me though.

polarpooch

Still scares me though.

That first one scares me, too! She's EVIL>but I had no say in this one! If I would have, I would have said...let's just get the cute, nice little one!

kittykitty

Polar, they are BEAUTIFUL. I'm happy for you. I've always wanted a GTP.
Just out of curiosity, how much did the pair cost you?

polarpooch

$400 for the pair. Compared the other prices we were seeing, this was CHEAP. We were seeing most of them go for $400 a piece...

shels

Polarpooch, they very pretty, I love the colors. I wonder how long they will stay yellow?
I used to have Columbia Red Tail Boa's, now just th efish and dogs. Good luck with the girls:D

polarpooch

Meow wrote:
400 bucks? That's an awesome deal! You're very lucky
At first we thought it was too good to be true...but turns out they are actually from a fairly well-known breeder. The guy was selling them because he no longer wanted to deal with chondros and just wanted to get rid of them. It was pure luck, honestly. It's also the reason we got them sooner than we had orginally planned. You just don't get those kinds of deals that often.
Shels wrote:
I wonder how long they will stay yellow?
Supposedly a year or so. The bigger one is already starting to show some green spots.

polarpooch

The store here wanted 700 I believe for a baby.
Wow....I was looking at "designer ball python morphs" and saw one for $60k....$60,000 for a snake. Can you imagine paying $60k for a ball python...???!!!!

nemo lover

BEAUTFUL SNAKES!!!!!!
I miss mine so dearly. I had a colubian red tail boa for eight and a half years. I breed her three times and had about 28 babys. I live about five miles from the beach. I used to take her there and let her roam the sand and she loved it (think it was the heat)! Good luck with yours.