well its that time again.

michaeltx

Well I had to break my tank down about a year and a half ago because of financial reasons.
Well I started resetting the tank up tonight. I have 2/3rds of the way full and some dry base rock in it right now.
I have to find a new bulkhead though the one I have was set up and has a PVC glued into and was broken off during a move. So I have to get a new one to replace it.
I will post some pictures as I can and hopefully be able to get it all set up and going again.
Mike

snakeblitz33

Congrats on setting the old tank back up! How big is it and do you have any links to pics of the old glory days? What are you thinking about stocking it with?

michaeltx

oops I knew I was forgetting something LOL
Its a 58 breeder with t-5 lighting

just had to add the last one ;-)

snakeblitz33

You're only bout 4 1/2 hours away from me! I saw that you live in Griffithville... that's pretty close to Bald Knob, isn't it?

snakeblitz33

That's a really pretty ladyfish pic. Did you get that off the 'net or do it yourself? Did yah finally find gainful employment, or did the SW Bug just bite yah? lol

michaeltx

BK is only about 30 minutes from me.
I did start a a job little over 3 years ago and am a swing MGR at a local Mcdonalds of all places. Never thought I would work there but hey its a check and pays the bills and have a little left over now and again to start up the tank.
Someone sent the pic to me Not sure where they found it though.
Mike

flower

Hi,
2002...way before my time on the site. Happy to hear your getting back on your feet and can run your tank again. I love the last pic as well, it would make an awesome avater...it's the best mermaid I've ever seen.
WELCOME BACK!

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelTX http:///t/388600/well-its-that-time-again#post_3427895
Well I had to break my tank down about a year and a half ago because of financial reasons.
Well I started resetting the tank up tonight. I have 2/3rds of the way full and some dry base rock in it right now.
I have to find a new bulkhead though the one I have was set up and has a PVC glued into and was broken off during a move. So I have to get a new one to replace it.
I will post some pictures as I can and hopefully be able to get it all set up and going again.
Mike
I am excited to see how this build will go! Good luck!

michaeltx

the tank pictured above was setup and housing a wide array of corals and fish including a mandarin in a matter of a few weeks. This time it will take much longer. stuff is just priced so high from just a couple years ago when I had to break my tank down.
a good thing though is that the good folks here in AR are doing more and more frag tanks and selling cheap even to the LFS and they are not price jacking them. Really nice fragged corals 5-20$ .
A few of the high end stuff goes for more of course but a couple years ago this was literally unheard of unless it was out of a really good and kind persons tank.
Mike