Welllllll Hellooooooo!

drewsta

Soooo i've been gone.. well about 7 years out of the hobby but I just wanted to say I'mmmmm back!! :) the addiction grabbed me again. I'm currently in an apartment so large tanks like I used to have are kinda out of the question. I am setting up a new 30G nano reef. Working on a fish/coral list now as the tank begins to cycle.. Just wanted to pop in say hi show some pics etc.

On a side note I have 1 more aqueon 950 on the way and am looking to do some clams, leathers, zoas, shrooms, maybeeeeee a plate. If you guys have any other ideas let me know!!!

drogrant

Welcome back!!! Looking forward to the aqueon 950!! The calms sound really interesting!! Once again welcome back!

flower

Wellll Helloooo right back...I didn't know you from before, but judging from your introduction...This is going to be fun. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

drewsta

Sure miss the people here always fun and helpful looking forward to all of your input and who knows before long I may be back into a 300g reef

Also as seen below day 3 of cycle nothing new to report :)

drewsta

Needing a little help here.. I am still cycling my tank and decided to go ahead and get a lighting controller, and a nice innovative marine protein skimmer. Attached is the photo of my issue i have really 3 compartments on the back of my JBJ tank I decided to place the skimmer in the middle in the same reservoir as my return pumps... As you can imagine I am getting Micro Bubbles like CRAZYYY.. My question is am I really losing anything if I place the skimmer on the left or right side where the filtration is at the moment. So basically only 1 filter will be in place if I use that reservoir for the skimmer. Please advise!! Thank You
Or is there a way to cut the bubbles to ZERO if left in the middle compartment?

drewsta

So just wanted to update everyone! All water parameters perfect just added some zoas, mushrooms, Xenia, 2 small frogspawn heads, and a Duncan also upgraded the lights from the nano to the full spectrum Vegas and upgraded the skimmer size!

flower

Hi,
2/18 you said you started the first cycle...it's only 3/2...16 days... What did you use to kick start the cycle? You said you had a 300g tank before, so I assumed you were a bit of an expert. Too much too fast is the #1 reason saltwater tanks fail. I am not trying to upset you but shouldn't you SLOW DOWN, You should have a quarantine set up as well, and not put stuff immediatly into your display. I really am just trying to help, please don't be mad at me...see my smile...
... I'm sure you know the smaller the tank the harder to keep it balanced, this little tank is a far cry from 300g...you have very little wiggle room for error.

drewsta

lots of live rock, live sand and a shrimp
i used Prime supplement to balance all levels when adding the livestock, as well as 5g bi daily water changes as needed I added chaeto the the refugium and livestock and all corals are happy and healthy that is all we will be adding for the foreseeable future. I know going to fast will damage the ecosystem as I learned in the past and I know smaller tanks are much more difficult to balance out. However I am still pretty familiar with the topic and know my hardy corals :) so we should be fine thank you for the info though always appreciated!

On a side note I would love to have a quarantine tank set up but as my current space situation permits I am lacking in the space department so I will supplement with any additives and water changes as needed, also I have near and dear friends at the LFS to help guide me on this nano project as I go along though their large tanks keep calling my name~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~