What a day!

wattsupdoc

Boy howdy! What a day today. I had decided it was time to get rid of a bunch of this junk I have around here. Including my old hump truck. The brown Ford. I have an old 350 and 4 speed hydra glide transmission I had pulled from a parts truck a few years back and it had to go to. So I thought hey, I'll post up a listing on Craig's list for scrap metal stuff. Come and get it. All or nothing. Old rider mower, old washing machine, lots of pipe pieces and electrical material I just wasn't using. I didn't think too much of it. Well about 2 hours went by and I checked my mail. LOW AND BEHOLD! I had about 50 emails...The buzzards sure do come out don't they. :) I couldn't call all of them, so I called one. I thought for sure he was coming today, but he was a no show. I told him I didn't have a title for the truck, so he was no longer interested...JERK..I had the title but didn't feel like hunting it down, just to give away a FREE TRUCK....So I reposted the listing and stated that I couldn't reply to all the messages, it was just too much. That I'd be here the rest of the evening and tomorrow till noon. First come first serve. Gave good directions to the house and figured I'd just sit back and watch what happened. Still the idiots cant read the post and ask questions like "Where is it?" DUH I said Ozark Exit a Wal-Mart. Or "Do you still have it?" I posted I would change the listing the moment someone arrived to get it all. I mean I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but how could I possibly respond to all this? Sooooo... This EVENING I get an email, that someone was coming to get the stuff. "Would I hold it?" GEEEZ... I did reply back that I was here and no one had came yet. I thought it's 6:30 now, surely they'll realize that it was going to get dark soon and just come at first light..Then right about 7:45 someone knocks on the door. I go check it and threes some people here with a trailer and truck...I couldn't just send them home even though it was just about dark, so I sent them to the are while I put my shoes on. Grumbling the whole time, what kind of idiots are these.LOL It gets better, hang in there.So I grog my pipe and a flashlight and head outside. Knowing damn good and well they weren't prepared to do all this. So I get down there and it's getting dark already. There are 2 men and one woman standing there. The truck it just a constant shrill of high pitched kids screaming. The younger guy and the rough woman are having a heated discussion about this. "Why are they in the truck? The guy says."Because they aint got no business being out here" The woman's reply. "They can get out and help. " The man barks back. So she goes over and opens the door. Out pours four young kids from the age of 10 to 2, with three of them being maybe a year apart from each other. All three still in diapers...GEEEZ some help, I mean were talking about metal scraps here! Any who, we start digging into everything, I hadn't gathered the stuff up because I didn't want to see all that was going bye bye and didn't want to-do all the work, just to give it to someone to make some money off of. Not that I didn't mind helping just....OK. So I tell them about the truck, said again I don't have the title, I thought he was going to cry. Pointed him to the engine so he could get an idea how to load it and the truck. Then took my trusty flashlight and started in the shed pulling pipe and crap out of there. So I'm tossing these old pool pipes out the door and I here the 10 y.o. say there a hole there. I pause and the youngest of these now screaming running every where little diapered brats is standing there. She sees me start to throw the pipe and stops. I stop. Wait, the start to toss it again, she runs out in front of me..GEEEZ man. Then I look outside and the woman's yelling" WATCH IT" the littlest one now had a 10 foot piece of pipe and was just about to

[hr]
the woman with it. She says "Put that in the truck!" Now how the hell can a 2 y. o. do that? So the little girl heads over to the truck. Right towards the oldest fella. I stand there and watch and she almost

[hr]
this guy in the face with it. Holy crap man! (I said..out loud no less). So now the young fella asked me if I had any jumper cables. I knew what he was wanting and said"That aint gonna work dude." I mean you now asking me to get this thing started up so you can drive it up onto the trailer you have now got backed up to the back of the truck that I clearly stated didn't run in my listing. Jumping it off with my truck that I would have to drive down there and wedge into the small space available to allow the cables to reach.

wattsupdoc

So here I go, cause it was clear they didn't come with ramps or come along or wench or any way possible to load this thing on their trailer with 4 foot walls that appeared to be too narrow to carry a car anyways. Here I come now with my little work truck, cause threes no way I was bringing my Ram down there. Low and behold no These 4 kids, Oh btw there were actually 5 kids there, but one was a 14 y.o. girl who actually was the most well behaved and helpful of the bunch, well the woman was very helpful and loaded the washer by herself actually...go figure...Anyhow, these 4 kids have now found my sons old swing set way up the yard from where we were and are tearing it a good one. My wife had shut all the lights off in the house and outside to try to keep these varmints away. GEEEZ. I get down to the truck, get wedged into my spot and cables finally connected, knowing it wasn't going to start, but trying nonetheless. Then after giving it a good attempt. I decided they would have to come back and get the truck tomorrow. He said he had a car dolly and would bring it. I go to get in my truck and move it and the 10 y.o. boy is opening MY door. I say watch out buddy, he looks at me blankly and keeps trying to open it and get in. I said "Move it dude" then his dad, the older fella barks at him. I don't think he ever really got it, but did let me in my truck. Now these four munchkins have found the old go cart, and are fighting over it. I move the truck around and shine the lights on the other things that need to go with them. A camper shell, bed liner, washer, mower etc. Trying to make as little contact with these people as possible while this insanity it going on. At one point I found the 10 Y.o, in my new shed on the house I tol;d him he didn't need to be in there. He again looked at me. Then I said he needed to go, again, blank stare, finally I said "GET OUT OF MY SHED, he said, cool you got a four wheeler. My wife called me inside, I gladly went. She goes what the hell are these people doing? Their kids are all over the place, I turned off all the lights and closed all the doors to keep them away.... So they loaded the rest of the stuff up and finally loaded the 5 kids and 3 adults in the extended cab Ford and off they went. Just to return in the morning...OH BOY! WHAT JOY!....
As they were leaving my wife, my son and I had a good long laugh about it all. Then I sit down to change the ad and notice another few emails from some people. I go through them and one says, Were coming up there right now. It's 8:45 when sent. Were in the car were going to take the truck tonight and get the rest of the stuff tomorrow...Good lord, what have I done here! Surely these people don't think they can get haul a broken down truck with their car, and what about the fact I said "All or nothing"/ Sure enough a few minutes later my wife goes Charlie, threes someone in the drive. ----! I said. More idiots. So I go to the door and a older fell with a real hick voice(probably similar to mine I suppose, if I could actually hear mine correctly.) say ya'll the one with the junk? I said it's all gone buddy. He gets in the car half pissed off and they slowly pull out of the driveway.
Moral of this story.......HELL, I don't know, but I'll never do that again!
BTW, It is now 10:40 PM. I just noticed I have 3 more emails. About an hour and a half after changing the post....

jennythebugg

omg lololol sorry but that was hee larry us , talk about hee haw in your front yard - sorry you had such a crappy day but thanks for the laugh

gypsana

Thanks is so funny! I guess you will never post your address on Craigslist again. When I was selling my 70 Chevy PU this one guy came to look at it and when he test drove it I thought the transmission was going to fall out. That is nearly an impossible feat on one of those beast.
Including my old hump truck.
Did you list it as a hump truck? Maybe that is why the guy wanted it, more kids for labor.

spanko

The story is exactly what I have in my minds eye about how a day in the Ozarks would be.

meowzer

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3031666
The story is exactly what I have in my minds eye about how a day in the Ozarks would be.
LOL...I can only wonder what your minds eye can imagine about little old S.E. Oklahoma

wattsupdoc

Yeah HEE HAW is right.

They did come by and get the truck, the motor and some other stuff I still had to get rid of. I feel for the woman kinda, she told me she had 6 kids
and that's why she turned to scraping. GEEZ man you'd think she'd figured out what was causing that?
It was raining pretty much the whole time which sucked, the ground was so soft, the younger guy was spinning out on my leach lines, just a little, but still. I had to go stop him. He started to unchain it and said, I really wanna haul this off for you, but I cant help spinning out. I suggested to pull it in another direction,then he pulled it right out of there. The oldest fella told me he "really like helping out my ex and her new guy". I have no idea what they had going on, but I got a weird feeling..

I told them that I would be here till noon. They didn't didn't show till after noon. This morning I had 2 guys show up at 9:00 just after each other. They were pissed because someone else had beat them to it. The one guy just had a trailer, but no help. The other guy had no help, no trailer. The first guy said"You didn't email me back" I told him, no, I updated the listing. He was snotty. The second guy, I told him I updated the listing last night. He said it was still there. I said if you would have read it you would have seen it was updated. He says, Well I didn't read it and "Good for you". What a jerk. I suppose I might be somewhat at fault for not calling EVERY SINGLE ONE but good lord who could? I had also gotten a few more emails asking the same stupid questions. Where is it? Do you still have it? The listing has been deleted now thank god.

t316

Originally Posted by wattsupdoc
http:///forum/post/3031793
I feel for the woman kinda, she told me she had 6 kids
and that's why she turned to scraping. GEEZ man you'd think she'd figured out what was causing that?

Seriously though, don't feel bad for her about scraping. I have a friend who owns a metal scrap yard here. I was at his yard entrance once, where the cashier is, and he pointed to an old black guy who was dressed like Fred Sanford with grease all over him. He said, "you know what, we paid that guy over $100,000 last year alone".
I almost fell out. He said, "yeah, that's all the guy does is drive around and pick up people's scrap metal, then sorts it out by type, then brings it to us".

pezenfuego

Wow. Good story. I've heard a lot of stories about bad experiences with craigslist, but this one takes the cake. You should get on craigslist and offer lessons in using the Internet...

meowzer

Originally Posted by T316
http:///forum/post/3031807
Seriously though, don't feel bad for her about scraping. I have a friend who owns a metal scrap yard here. I was at his yard entrance once, where the cashier is, and he pointed to an old black guy who was dressed like Fred Sanford with grease all over him. He said, "you know what, we paid that guy over $100,000 last year alone".
I almost fell out. He said, "yeah, that's all the guy does is drive around and pick up people's scrap metal, then sorts it out by type, then brings it to us".
And to think all these years I've been going to work in an office...geesh i should have been into trash

wattsupdoc

Oh, no I don't feel bad for her about scraping. My wife has some friends that own recycling centers. They do VERY well. I feel bad for her for the two idiots she chooses to be with, and the 6 freaking idiot kids...
They brought two of them here today when they came. One had to be at least 4 or 5. Total babbling. No vocabulary. Now the adults could understand her, but I sure couldn't. Of course these children are a product of her own upraising, but good lord. I mean last night the 2 y.o was running around with half her rump hanging out the diaper. Today she walked into the open truck door while looking straight at it. Hit the edge knocked her down and just started screaming. I mean didn't she see the door she was looking at? Also the mother got a phone call about the 10 y.o. boy. He had an "accident" in class and needed someone to comer and bring him some fresh pants. The mothers reply was "I swear if that teacher held him there and didn't let him go"....DUH, like teach you child some bladder control. Always someone else's fault.

t316

Originally Posted by wattsupdoc
http:///forum/post/3031877
Oh, no I don't feel bad for her about scraping. My wife has some friends that own recycling centers. They do VERY well. I feel bad for her for the two idiots she chooses to be with, and the 6 freaking idiot kids...
They brought two of them here today when they came. One had to be at least 4 or 5. Total babbling. No vocabulary. Now the adults could understand her, but I sure couldn't. Of course these children are a product of her own upraising, but good lord. I mean last night the 2 y.o was running around with half her rump hanging out the diaper. Today she walked into the open truck door while looking straight at it. Hit the edge knocked her down and just started screaming. I mean didn't she see the door she was looking at?
....and I thought I was a Redneck. Not after this story
I'm high class compared to this group.