What a day!

wattsupdoc

Your husbands family sounds just like my wife's family.
Thanks, BTW.

The idiots are the ones who breed like wildfire. They have so many kids and every year Uncle Sam gives them a 10,000 dollar check, just for having them. It's a career choice for them. Have another and next year well get more. Then they do a horrible job raising their 5-8 kids and they end up in prison, robbing houses doing drugs and....having a bunch of friggin kids. Our tax system is partly to blame I believe. An crack head might not be able to get a job at 7-11, but they can have kids.

My wife and I were foster parents for a couple years. We helped like 11 kids in that time. Trying to give back and possibly adopt. You would not believe the horror stories some of these kids go through. Then the state gives the kids right back to the parents because they have a diagnoses from a psychiatrist and got their prescription filled. They haven't started taking it necessarily, but they have it...

nw2salt08

Originally Posted by wattsupdoc
http:///forum/post/3033390
Your husbands family sounds just like my wife's family.
Thanks, BTW.

The idiots are the ones who breed like wildfire. They have so many kids and every year Uncle Sam gives them a 10,000 dollar check, just for having them. It's a career choice for them. Have another and next year well get more. Then they do a horrible job raising their 5-8 kids and they end up in prison, robbing houses doing drugs and....having a bunch of friggin kids. Our tax system is partly to blame I believe. An crack head might not be able to get a job at 7-11, but they can have kids.

My wife and I were foster parents for a couple years. We helped like 11 kids in that time. Trying to give back and possibly adopt. You would not believe the horror stories some of these kids go through. Then the state gives the kids right back to the parents because they have a diagnoses from a psychiatrist and got their prescription filled. They haven't started taking it necessarily, but they have it...

Yeah....it's never a dull moment around here. Who needs stupid soap operas when you're in this family. lol My husband and I have quite a few kids altogether but we work and take care of them. ONE of my husband's brothers/gf isn't exactly drug free and decided to ask us to babysit our nephew. He never came back. We took care of him for a while til another sibling took him on to raise. The boy isn't but 15 months old!
I don't understand why they can't straighten up and take care of their kid. Oh well....he gets taken care of very well now.

wattsupdoc

Certainly theres nothing wrong with having a bunch of kids. Kids are great! I wish we could have had more. Ones all we got and thats good enough for us. He's a great kid. The whole point is that these people didnt have any control over their kids. They suffer because they arent getting the proper interaction with adults to get what they need. You have kids because you love them and can take care of them. Not because you can. Good for you for taking on your nephew. He's much better off now.

makoshrk2

After you have 1-2 kids and are on welfare, they should be required to be "fixed" just like a dog. I think NJ has a law saying that after the second kid you get no more money if you continue to have more children.

nw2salt08

Here in Oklahoma, they won't "fix" you until you're a certain age or have a certain number of kids. I believe the age frame is around 28 and the number is 6!!

Kids definitely need to interact with people and learn from their elders. That's the issue with a lot of kids today. A lot of parents don't have a lot to do with them or discipline them so they run wild and do what they want. As a parent, I don't think I could live with myself if I just let my children run around crazy doing stuff they shouldn't. A child can be a direct reflection of the parents and how they were raised. JM .02