What are the rules for posts on swf.com?

t316

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/3051960
As I mentioned in PM to Al, you all miss half of the negative things that are posted on this site because we clean it up pretty quickly. We do the best that we can do as voluntary mods. We do get a lot of grief because sometimes it is not clear why we moderate something. It goes with the territory and we deal with it. We do our best to explain why we do what we do. Please, don't take any moderation personally. I look at the forum as a whole and do what I feel is best for the entire board.

You are good people Sep...

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Just to be clear, SWF doesn't care if members here visit other sites at all...SWF actually has advertising on other sites where such is the norm! However, member raiding, unfortunately is common, and allowing an innocent mention of another site is an open invitation to allow much more to go on, like people from other sites coming here to raid members, post links, etc. That is basically spam, and neither SWF, mods, or even members here wish to see the forums filled up with spam.
While a mention in the context that was applicable to your situation, Al, is certainly not what concerns SWF, unfortunately allowing it says to others that its ok to post links, or talk about other sites. Or, "if its ok for Al, why isn't it ok for me?"