What are the weirdest things you've caught so far,while fishing ?

i once caught a cell phone. also i was fishing in central florida in peace river and caught a 4 pound bass and in the back of its throat was a tail sticking out, so i pulled it out, it was a 2 1/2 foot black snake.. i craped my pants, probably one of the most craziest things i have caught...

appaloosa1

Originally Posted by larryndana
if it was a mantis how big was it?
i don't remember. it was like 6 years ago, i was in middle school. if i had to guess i'd say 3 inches.

mr. guitar

Let's see here...A couple of Black-Tip Reef Sharks less than a foot and a half long. Caught them off the dock. This is great...my mom who isn't that great of a fishermen caught 3 sharks and tons of blue-leg crabs (with her fishing rod!!!!!) hahahahaha.
A friend of mine caught a stingray. Boy was that fun tryin to get off the hook.

larryndana

Originally Posted by Appaloosa1
i don't remember. it was like 6 years ago, i was in middle school. if i had to guess i'd say 3 inches.
thanks. i was just curious if it was really big, but that still a crazy story.

sinner's g

Not really weird, but I caught a Stingray. I was freaking out. I wanted to get the hook out without hurting it. I had to have my dad do it. I wouldn't fish there anymore that day since the water was full of stingrays. (this was after I swam with them, I view them as friendly and I didn't want to hurt one, I just wanted to catch fish for dinner).
Sinner's Girl

vpotts28

On my latest trip to Pensacola memorial day weekend, I caught some stingrays, an eel, a great buzz, a walmart bag, and one hell of a sunburn but no dinner

earlybird

A pelican, a turtle, a sawfish, an eagle ray... that's about it that is strange. I had a day when we caught 17 different species. That was a fun day.

earlybird

Originally Posted by fish1031
wow sawfish!
how was that?
small about 4 feet in the mouth of the Caloosahatchee river while tarpon fishing at night. It ate a catfish tail and didn't put up much of a fight. Once in a lifetime strange fish and no camera.

lovethesea

Originally Posted by Vpotts28
, a great buzz,:

I have caught a baby sting ray (put him back right away) and caught the tail of a fish.