What are your lighting schedules, especially now with LED's and advanced timers

cam78

I have LED's and my AI timer basically can do anything and everything. What you guys do?

btldreef

I have a DIY LED build and my lights dim on and off, this is my schedule over my 180:
Blue lights start dimming on a 8AM and continue to go up until 10AM until they reach 90%. They stay on all day
White lights begin kicking on at 12PM and take about 60-90 minutes to get up to - 70%
White begin to dim at 6PM, and are completely off around 7PM
Blue's start dimming at 9PM, off at 10PM

cam78

That seems like a good schedule. I'm thinking of changing mine. I got a lot going on. Mine start later and go off later. I see that you only have your lights on fully for 6 hours. Thats enough for your coral?Mine start coming on around 11ish and go off around 11 again. Almost 12 hours. Too long ya think?

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM78 http:///t/390163/what-are-your-lighting-schedules-especially-now-with-leds-and-advanced-timers#post_3453478
That seems like a good schedule. I'm thinking of changing mine. I got a lot going on. Mine start later and go off later. I see that you only have your lights on fully for 6 hours. Thats enough for your coral?Mine start coming on around 11ish and go off around 11 again. Almost 12 hours. Too long ya think?
It's been working. I have insane growth in my tank, especially of the SPS. Any longer and things were starting to loose color/bake. I actually have to be careful with where I place certain LPS pieces because the LED's will cook them.
Here's one of the things you need to keep in mind about LEDs: The PAR doesn't change regardless of whether you're pushing 50% or 100%, so even though it takes a while for them to ramp up to the desired percentage, the corals are still getting the PAR from 10% on.

bang guy

I would look to nature for that answer. While in the tropics there is Sun 12 hours it is really only intense Sun for about 4 hours between 10 and 2.