WHAT BRAND RO/DI do you have?

Thanks guys,
The typoon 3 comes with a TDS moniter.. :joy:
The fine print did read to get the 75 GPD because it would last longer? or something like that.. But for the same price, I WAS thinking why not buy the 100 GPD... :confused:
See, i didnt know temp had anything to do with it... I figured you hooked it up and B O O M !! WATER! LOL
I hope the directions are easy readin'
Thanks again, Kim :nervous:

reefnut

I would go with the 75gpd membrane. In fact, I switched from the 100gpd to the 75gpd. Reason why is the 75gpd membrane has a higher rejection rate... which means your DI will last longer.
The different filters are recommended to be changed at different times. Personally I change all the filters every 6-months. I could probably get more out of them but it's easier for me to just change them all...
If I can fine the times for each filter I'll post it for you...

mburnickas

The sedment and carbon are like every 6-months
RO is like 2 years and the DI is no clue these are general rules and it depends on the water being filtered.
I know my DI is only about 1/6 depleted after 9 months. It will last a long time.
Also the DI cart could have the color changing to tell you or not. That is where the TDS comes in.
I would get the flush kit to make the Ro last longer.
My city water is pretty good. Only 36 ppm TDS! More stuff in water to filter will use the filters faster.

reefnut

The Typhoon III does have a color changing DI cartrig... mine only lasts 6-months tops... and that's after switching to the 75gpd membrane.
It also has a back flush valve, a DI bypass and a in line pressure gauge. It's a nice unit.

reefnut

Here we go...
1. Sediment Filter... lasts 6-12 months
2. Carbon Block Filter... lasts 6-12 months
3. Carbon Block Filter... lasts 9-12 months
4. DI cartridge... 700 to 1000 gallons
5. RO membrane... lasts 2- years
As mburnickas mentioned these are general time frames... it will depend on your starting water quality.

golfish

I'd stay away from the 100 gpd units, the 100 gpd RO membrane has a 90% rejection rate, the smaller units have as much as 99%, maybe even a little better.

acrylic51

Originally posted by Beth
Why? :confused:

Wanted to see what alot of people are talking about the AWI... They say their good... Need the extra RO unit anyways!!!!!:)

acrylic51

Originally posted by mburnickas
I must ask the same question, why.
I use a Kent Maxima and it is perfect. THe filters make the unit, not the name. That is where the TDS comes in.
The GPD is really I joke I feel. If you read the fine print, the GPD is only achieved at the correct temp and pressure. My temp is much lower then called and my psi in my house is very high , too high (82 psi)

Never said anything was wrong with the Kent Maxima!!!!! I've had the Kent for close to 8 years and the only thing I really don't like with the Kent is no shut off valve...You can buy it seperate and then again don't like the additional hang on crap next to the RO unit.... Went to Custom and replaced the whole pressure vessel and it's all in one unit know which is really nice.... Don't really care for the add on TDS meter you can get with the Kent as well....The TDS meter AWI sells is rather nice due to being able to monitor water coming into unit as well as leaving the unit..... Like mentioned it doesn't have anything to do with names of units.... I've built RO units exactly just like the Kents just no stickers and have worked fine..... Look at the price of Kents units??? Rather high in my book compared to others!!!!