what brand test kit?

jonny boy

good morning to all,
i was wondering if anybody could tell me of a good test kit for my tanks. i have a 90, a 55 and a 29. only the 90 is stocked and i just recently started exploring this forum. i have learned quite a bit in the last few weeks but i am in no way an expert. i currently only use the test strips and from what i hear they are not dependable, so what kind of test kit do i get and how much can i expect to pay? any help would be great and if you have any ?'s just ask. thanks a bunch.

fallout

I use API at the moment. I just ordered Salifert test kits. I've heard salifert is the best but I want to compare them to API and see if they are truly better.

xeniaman

+1 on Salifert, ApI test kits are notorious for there inaccuracy especially on nitrate tests. I personally like Elos the best, but you have to buy individual tests. Pricing varies

fau8

seachem has always been good for me. I use API for general results and Seachem for there acuracy and easy to read color charts.

Originally Posted by jonny boy
http:///forum/post/2986415
so i guess salifert or seachem. which is better overall, (price, accuracy, etc..)?
I found Salifert to be very accurate. I never used any other test kits, so I am happy with them. They are a bit pricey, but I don't think test kits are where you would skimp on money

jonny boy

thanks to all for their input. i will be looking for one of those here at my lfs, or if they dont have them i will order online.