What can you tell me about sun corals?

meowzer

Originally Posted by Katsafados
http:///forum/post/3145217
So?
Should I hunt it down and kill it or not? lol

There are sooo many different bristle worms....google image them, and see if the one you saw looks like any....if so, click on it, and see what it says about it

katsafados

I acctually dont think my suncoral has tenticles...
When it opens up it only shows tiny tenticles, nothing more.
I decided to see what it would do if I put it in a small bowl with tons of food, squirting food on it every so often. Its been in the smaller tank for about an hour now, and has only shown its small tiny tenticles nothing larger.
They arent yellow either they're an orange colour. Do they have two set of tenticles? one baby set near the top of the tube and the yellow set deeper inside?

meowzer

Instead of moving it from tank to tank...why not do the bottle top feeder...IMO ut would be less stressfull

katsafados

It would be more stressful for me to do that haha.
Id have to stand there and make sure the bottle didnt float away. Plus when I fed it I had to keep sucking up the food with my syring to shoot at its mouths. I wouldnt be able to suck up food when using the bottle.
Also the amount of food that I had to put i nthat 1 g tank would deffinatly pollute my DT and give me a big ammonia spike after a while.

katsafados

Okay so
All the mouths of the suncoral are wide open holes, but the tenticles are'nt out. The tubes also look a bit skinnier, shouldnt they be fatter? I'm confused lol.
Is this normal for them to do after a feeding? Or did I just kill them? My Long tenticle plate did the same thing before it started to die.
Attachment 232377

dive girl

No it looks fine! You have small tentacles but they are there and they will grow. It's a beautiful specimen. I would just keep feeding it and often.
One of my good friends (the one who's sun corals I rescued) called my sun corals fat until I pointed some out while we were diving in Florida. They looked just like mine. He doesn't make fun of mine anymore.

katsafados

I can see right into the tubes, like the stringy guts. The mouths are wide open. Does that mean they want more food? or are they burping from the meal I fed them before?
How often should I feed them? I dont want them to grow to large to fast since its in a crowded 10g tank. I guess I just want to feed them enough for them to be healthy. I was thinking twice a week, or is this too little?

katsafados

Do you have to absolutely feed each head individually? What if you feed lets say %70 of them, would that be okay? I have a lot of mouths to feed!

meowzer

Originally Posted by Katsafados
http:///forum/post/3145491
Do you have to absolutely feed each head individually? What if you feed lets say %70 of them, would that be okay? I have a lot of mouths to feed!
HMMMMM...should have thought about that first ....HUH

do the bottle thing
Just weight it down

katsafados

That'll cause an ammonia spike. You don't understand the amount of food I needed to fill the small tank up with, just inoger to make sure each "tube" got its fair share.