What did you pay for Xenia

ninjamini

OK I will admit it. I paid $30. This was b4 I joined my local reef club. I just loved the way it moved. Open....close...open....close. Its mesmerizing. Now I hate it. Its like it wants to take over. I keep turning the rock so as to stunt its growth, But it has gotten away from me.
What did you pay for xenia? Please don't post if you got it for free. It will just make me feel bad.

bronco300

haha, not supposed to post if its free, yet an option to vote? I got mine free, but i did drive 1.5hrs to get it, was my first coral

trippkid

I paid twice, $15 both times, two different kinds. I know everyone hates it, but I like the stuff I have. I does not spead very fast, I guess it is because it is mostly SPS and the water is very nutrient free and lots of flow.

guinness

i bought mine off swf.com. but i have sold alot to the local fish store for credit and traded with a few friends.

ninjamini

Originally Posted by Stangracer85
I paid $30 bucks for 4 stalks of it on a a piece of LR about 5 lbs.

Humm did you buy a rock and get xenia free or did you buy xenia that came on a big rock?

jay&beck

I paid $49.99 for two stalks. At the time I thought it was nice looking but later discovered it took over my whole tank. I spent hours each week tearing that crap out and it just grew back. Finally it all died and I'm so happy. Out some money but that's what happens when you don't do research on it.

bullitr

i bought 3 different ones and no regret . the best water purifier as far as nitrate and phosphate . i have sps now and they are doing really well thanks to my xenias. maybe it a coincident but i happy with it my nitrate is close to zero last time i check a the xenia stop growing rapidly when the water quality is almost perfect . i bought some phosguard too no more algae bloom but it slow down the growth of the xenias. just my 2 cents

dragonboy

I think its great they got all kinds of nice looking ones plus you make money off of xenia's I always sell them and more people want them.

dragonzim

Bought a small stalk of it almost a year ago for about $15. Have sold a bunch since then including selling and trading some to 2 local guys this weekend.

dina12

I paid 29.99 for mine - have made over 1000.00 on it in the past year. I suppy 2 local stores as well as sell and trade with other reefers.

cubsfan

paid $10 and now have it growing all over in its own tank
. I'm happy I didnt put it in my main tank as soon as I got it.