What Do I Do ,....Help Please!!

tony detroit

Pic 2 looks like you have 2 different protein skimmers. Did you buy this whole setup used in one piece? I'd say use the one on the right since it is bigger. Will it fit inside the wet dry box anywhere?

psusocr

i bought the amiracle used, which came with everything i need. But i then went and bougt a 1400 gph overflow box along with the huge protein skimmer. I figured runnin 2 protein skimmers is better than one. The protien skimmer does fit in the right side of the wet/dry, but i have to take one of those pipes off to make it fit. I do have that 55 gallon tank i could use if i need it though. Soo much equiptment,, dont know what to do with it!!

tony detroit

To start off get the overflow box on the tank and get the sump running first.
Are you sure this is the equipment you want to use?

psusocr

Tony,,
this is the equiptment i have,,,yes i would liek to use it but if its bad or it all wont work properly just let me know and i guess i have no other choice than to buy other eqiuptment...try to let me know what i got and what else i need ,,,or what i should get,,, by the way this is for my 200 gallon tank not my 300,,i didnt evan try to set that up yet
Also if you need to contact me my email is psusocr@aol.com and maybe i can evan give you a call to talk to you if you wouldnt mind or if you have an instant messaging name i can carry a convo on with you you can email it to me if you would like.
Thanks alot

psusocr

im in northeast P.A the scranton/Wilkes-barre area?? i would pay whoever can help me out..or evan if you can draw me some diagrams or a phone call etc..

tony detroit

Well, I hate overflow boxes as opposed to drilled tanks. Can you take the tank to a lfs in your area or a glass shop and get it drilled. If time is not a factor I can walk you through this and we can do it the right way.

psusocr

TOny, im in no hurry i just built the tank, stand, etc. the glass just went up a few days ago and need at least 1 to 2 weeks to dry...unfortunatly the glass is tempered, i tried to get numerous glass shops to drill this for me but they coudlnt do it since it was tempered, so unfortunatly i beleive im stuck...unless you can drill tempered glass...i have TONS of glass i could practice drilling if someone says its possible...Other than that let me know where to start and ill follow your every move to get this right...i already put alot of hours into my setup so im willing to go the extra mile ot get this right!!
Bobby

psusocr

Ya i knew it...i dont evan know where to get untempered glass around here!! Sorry tony ,,looks like i have to go with the overflows!!

pyro

I've heard some auto-repair places can do it, but I don't think it's ever a gauranteed process.
Just an idea.

psusocr

thanks pyro,,
Ya i dont think im willing to put a $100+ piece of glass on the line ,, its not the money that bothers me but how long it take to cut and prepare a piece of glass that thick

tony detroit

All the glass is tempered, sides, back and bottom? If it is, I guess you're just gonna have to run the overflow box. What size drains do you have on your overflow box?

tony detroit

Is your sump acrylic?, it looks like it is.
If it is I would suggest ordering a larger, external pump.
How much money are you looking to spend?
also, what are you looking to do with this tank? What type of livestock?

psusocr

Tony,
Money isnt really an issue, as long as i get my setup right. Yes it is acrylic, and just point me the way to a good pump.. my livestock will be ...if approved by yourself
1 V. Lion
1 Cali Ray
1 Zebra Eeel
1 Banded Shark
Please let me know what you think of the livestock,,if i can add more take away some etc..