What do you do with your RO/DI waste water?

Originally Posted by BizzMoneyB
http:///forum/post/2978372
can you wash your clothes in it? just want to make sure.. dont want to ruin anything.
I do. LOL i totally Agree with you. The amount of waste water that is spit out of the ro/di unit is crazy. To be honest with you I put the waste line in the washer and fil it up and wash clothing. I also do the dishes with it lol. I guess I might be Money Crazy but hey times are hard and money suck so go for it bro. It will not harm anything. Never did on my end.
p.s love the pic lol

culp

watering pants, washing windows, washing my car. and down the drain when i cant find any more places to keep the water.

trainfever

Ive been running the waste water into my washing machine for years with no noticeable effects on my clothes.

jackri

Never thought about doing anything with it... mine is plumped under the sink and doubles as drinking water. If it wasn't a pain to have a big storage tank to hold water in I might save it for watering plants etc.
As far as saving money... we get nowhere close to going over our alloted gallons a month so never worried about it going right back down the drain.

jackri

Still would have to treat it at least for chlorine. Then again our water is so nasty I wouldn't dare... our FW tank gets RO, but not full RO/DI.

meowzer

I have pretty good water...never use anything but tap for my FW tanks and have never had a problem...I don't even have to condition it