What does evryone do for a living?

suzi1780

no i'd work 40 plus hours at express. right now i work 40 hours mon-fri but with express i'd have off days during the week and only one full weekend off a week, wow that is confusing :notsure:
hahhaha i thought about the more $ for tank, i have already been thinking with my first paycheck i would buy lights, hey those credit cards bills can wait!

37g joe

I work as a barista at starbucks so please tip your baristas big so they can have a tank too all my extra money goes to my tank I have a very understanding wife who would rather have me mess around with my salt water tank then play video games. She makes more than me and works on comissions so she helps me out on my hobby.

madman133

Oh sorry puffer about the mix up up ther i was just reading back through this and saw you said orlando. I thought you had said colorado.

caomt

Originally Posted by suzi1780
no i'd work 40 plus hours at express. right now i work 40 hours mon-fri but with express i'd have off days during the week and only one full weekend off a week, wow that is confusing :notsure:
hahhaha i thought about the more $ for tank, i have already been thinking with my first paycheck i would buy lights, hey those credit cards bills can wait!

suzi you get an internet discount?!

amandal

Originally Posted by Madman133
Yes im a pimp too. IM in colorado why did you think o was in florida? i was down there last week though on vacation.
Lockheed has a huge operation in FL. Melbourne is less than an hour from Orlando, and we're almost entirely aerospace tech based (Harris, Intersil, Grumman, Lockheed Martin, etc.). It's an easy assumption that you might be in Florida. :joy:
I have a degree in ******** Design, though right now I just do all the AutoCAD work and customer service for an amazing ******** Designer.

gordruls

I am the Director of Environmental Services (Housekeeping) at a local Hospital. I have 30 employees working 3 shifts.

cartman101

Originally Posted by Madman133
Yes im a pimp too. IM in colorado why did you think o was in florida? i was down there last week though on vacation.
I was just looking at your halloween picture incase you are confused

michelle l

Well, for 7 years I built Firestone tires until the plant closed down in 2001. Then I went to work for Mitsubishi, building Eclipses, Galants, Dodge Stratus, and Chrysler Sebrings until I got laid off last year along with my hubby and about 1200 other employees.
So after that I went to work for Caterpillar for two months and built bulldozers. (The coolest part about that was driving them...a BLAST!!) That sucked so bad that I quit and I am now a dental assistant. Go figure. It's tough to support a fish hobby on that type of income!! :mad:
So, I am taking classes part time until my husband finishes nursing school in 2008, and then I plan on quitting work and going back to college full time when he is finished. I know I will be doing something in health care, but at this point I'm still not decided on what it will be.
Moral of this story? Don't work in manufacturing in the US...your job will vanish like mine did!! Get an education and a skill!

fisherson

I make lights works...most of the time...I'm pretty good at making things spark if i don't check for hot wires first..haha Electrician is what i am and i love the job

chull13

Originally Posted by suzi1780
Well..... currently I am an do admin work for an architect firm, but I turned in my two week today! I got another job as a co-manager for Express. Still trying to decide if this is the right thing? Here are the pros/cons let me know what you think;
pros of architect firm:
weekends/holidays off
set schedule
mindless, no overtime always leave onltime etc
cons of architect firm:
BORING - but hey i get to surf on here all day!
same mindless task everyday
low person in office - i get the friday morning bagels! :mad:
pros of express:
over 10,000 more $$$$!!!!

i am the boss

will work easier with my school schedule because I will have week days off
cons of express:
going to have to work over 40 hours i am sure
sales demanding
only one weekend off a month
so what would you do?
I work as an Assistant Manager at GAP. It is a great college job. They work around my schedule. I got off at 7 PM Christmas Eve and had to be back at 8 AM the day after christmas. Just something to think about. However, I could probably take the whole month of Jan or Feb off. It is that slow. I would think it would be worth 10 K.

bluelagoon

currently i work at a GNC (general nutrition center). i also give tours at my school for prospective students (my work study where i'm supposed to make $2k over the year-- i'm at $100. get to practice meeting new people though.) i'm going to school for finance, to eventually be a financial advisor.