What eats poop?

stapler

I have 2 big mexican turbo snails...and they are making a mess on my sandbed. There is poop all over the place....what will eat it? I got a few scarlet hermits, so what else should I get?

belothsurf

poopelupagus..s.es..........close relative to snuffleupagus, who of course ate lots of snuffles. Poopelupagus'es are actually hard to come by. So I would suggest Nass snails.............

belothsurf

but now that I think about it, I have 2 Mex Turbos, my sand is clean, are you sure they are the culprits??????????

belothsurf

Now that I think about it even more, I've talked to you before Stapler......you were the one with the drunk snail...right? The one that kept falling off the glass??? (Thread from a few days ago)........Now you are worried about some Mexican Turbos ......ok...you've checked ammonia levels, right....have you checked Tequila levels...??????? That has to be it....!!!!!Waaaaalllaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

belothsurf

Really? I've just not seen it then. But I also have about 10 scarlet crabs, 5 blue legs, 5 peppermint shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 big unidentified hermit crab, (Bubba), 4 cerith snails, 5 Nass snails, and 13 Fla turbos. They must take care of the poop. That's a cleaner crew.....

stapler

I am sure its the snail...its sitting on the glass at the bottom of the glass, creating a big pile of poo on the sand. My levels are fine. I recall dropping in alcohol in the tank lately. That one snail that keeps falling has been climbing on the rocks all day, and hasnt fallen since.
I got 2 mexican turbos in my 30g....so I assume they should be fine.

belothsurf

well, then be carefull you don't have an invert that has traded addictions...........not a good thing thing to have a Mexican Turbo laying off the algae......next thing you know you will have a Powder Tang........anyway? Ha-ha

stapler

I just got a seaclone, but its in my sump which I will be connecting to the main tank sometime this week. I just have a wet/dry filter running. I am slowly adding more guys to my cleanup crew, and will have my water flow at 23x when the sump is connected.

stapler

LOL...I hear ya! I didnt realize how much crap is on my sand...going to LFS tomorrow to get some more cerith snails.
Yours moves rocks? I hope mine doesnt. One of them loves hanging up high, and if a rock falls....I am in deep trouble!:notsure: