What in gods name are these?!!!!!

shinobi9119

I have no idea what they are. If you cant see the pics well. They are like white tubes attached to the walls. there is only one visible in my dt but they have INFESTED behind my overflow and in my sump. I also see many little what look like pineapple sponges in my sump too. Are these things bad?

m0nk

Likely just generic sponges. They're not bad, they're filter feeders and are likely helping, if anything. It could mean though that you have excess nutrients in your water column, but I wouldn't worry about them. I have them all throughout my overflows too, but I know I have excess nutrients in my water, my fish are pigs....

shinobi9119

Originally Posted by m0nk
http:///forum/post/2842598
Likely just generic sponges. They're not bad, they're filter feeders and are likely helping, if anything. It could mean though that you have excess nutrients in your water column, but I wouldn't worry about them. I have them all throughout my overflows too, but I know I have excess nutrients in my water, my fish are pigs....

that makes me feel better, i thought they were something invasive. One day i had a few in the sump and the next BAM its full of em. And nothing good everr grows that fast so i thuoght ooooooo no.
I probably do have excess nutrients. my clownfish are pigs too.
thanks