What in the world is BTLDreef up to now?!?

M

mxsnow145

try this site for your research----------------------- <------ i have been warned 2 times about links so you should save it b.c i dont know if it will be here long lol ;p

btldreef

Yeah, just my luck!!!:flame:
Not what I want to be doing at 130am! Lol
He's HUGE! I either bought him already carrying these guys, or they were mating the other night when I posted that video of them together. Why do all my fish feel the need to spawn right now?!?!?! Don't they know that I just moved and don't have fry tanks ready?

btldreef

Hopefully my local breeder that told me she would take my babies when they came will get back to me in time. I'm going to call the aquarium near me tomorrow. I know the owner and the man in charge of the captive breeding program, hopefully someone can help me out. I'm definitely not ready to even attempt raising these guys yet, and the last thing I want to do is scoop them out and flush them :sad:

btldreef

I added a new Yellow Gorgonian tonight. I was from a different tank, but I need to start getting some more colorful things into this one so that my two yellow Kuda's stay yellow. The male hasn't shown much yellow coloring since I found that he was a big prego! The female is a vibrant yellow after the lights are on for a bit. She's not showing too yellow in these posts because the lights had already been off for 2 hours, I just popped them on to get some pics of my little fatty and the new gorgonian. I also got a whole bunch of macro algae. I haven't planted it yet because I have no idea where I want everything.
I'm going to weave my grape caulerpa up through the zip ties, just want it to grow a little longer before I do that.
Sorry that some of the photo's are fuzzy.
Mr. Chubby:

Yellow Gorgonian with the baby hitching. He LOVES this thing!

Ugly FTS, I need to figure out how I'm going to arrange all the macro and what not

Mr. Preggo's

Proud Momma

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/386609/what-in-the-world-is-btldreef-up-to-now/60#post_3407459
I'm sure there will be more....sometimes you just can not save the 1st batch :(
Oh I know, I just feel bad just sucking them all out and flushing them. I think I'm going to put them in a bucket and race them out to the aquarium and BEG them to take the babies. I'm not sure that this is this pairs first batch. They were paired at the store, and they're from ORA, so who knows. I know I won't be able to raise them, but I was hoping someone else could, but no one wants to come through like they said they would

I honestly don't even know how long he's had them or how long they carry them for. I tried to research a little and everyone said different time frames so I gave up.

teresaq

LOL. He is quite lrg. My male alway gives me a couple warning babies a day or so early. Then delivers early in the morning. I have never had kuda, but the do require a lot more care then erectus. Hopefully you can get a hold of your breeder, or I know one that may take them as captive bred kuda are kinda rare in this hobby.
T

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaQ http:///forum/thread/386609/what-in-the-world-is-btldreef-up-to-now/60#post_3407465
LOL. He is quite lrg. My male alway gives me a couple warning babies a day or so early. Then delivers early in the morning. I have never had kuda, but the do require a lot more care then erectus. Hopefully you can get a hold of your breeder, or I know one that may take them as captive bred kuda are kinda rare in this hobby.
T
I've heard that Kuda's are really hard to rear, and honestly, I want no part of it right now. My breeder was thrilled when she found out that I got my hands on a pair from ORA, and was all excited about me giving her the babies. She needs to check her darn voicemail and email! LOL
He's absolutely huge, can barely swim, it's ridiculous. It's so sad, I found myself yelling at them today that this is uncalled for behavior! LOL Can you tell I'm frustrated?

teresaq

lol. boys will be boys. and once he has them, he will be prego again in just a few days.
My male always hid in the back of the tank when he was prego. I think I have one of my babies prego right now, but I will not be raising any more for a while. I still have 15 babies as it is.
T

btldreef

Update:
I found Mr. Preggers laying on his side dead this weekend. I have no idea at all what happened. He ate before I went to bed, and the next morning didn't come out to eat and I found him on his side, belly deflated. I never saw any effects of babies anywhere, so I'm really not sure what happened, but I'm a little bummed :-(

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///t/386609/what-in-the-world-is-btldreef-up-to-now/60#post_3412429
Update:
I found Mr. Preggers laying on his side dead this weekend. I have no idea at all what happened. He ate before I went to bed, and the next morning didn't come out to eat and I found him on his side, belly deflated. I never saw any effects of babies anywhere, so I'm really not sure what happened, but I'm a little bummed :-(
OH SO Sorry to hear that.....remember that happened to me.....was fine and when I woke up the next morning it was just laying in its food bowl
Just one of those mysteries

btldreef

Yeah, I was bummed to see it! But, I do have another Kuda that's preggers, so maybe this time it will turn out differently.

bender77

I'm so sorry. That's how I lost mine. It sucks so bad.
On another note, what is that cool red stuff in your tank?