what is a "Q word tank" ???

triga22

Ok. OI didnt know that he had no LR or Corals. So this poster dosent have LR for tangs, no inverts to help keep it clean, no refractometer so he kinda cannot do anything unless he sets up a QT which would take forever. The first problem is the tangs. Even if they get rid of ich he is going to have to get rid of them or the will stress and die.

brandoncena

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
The same can be said for hyposalinity. If not done with a refractometer, hyposalinity is largely ineffective. I would put money on the fact that this user does not have a refractometer.
None of which this poster has in his aquarium.
Several people keep "fish only" tanks (meaning without live rock or inverts). Surely it is much harder and much more work, but is certainly doable with the right fish and husbandry. As I said though, it is virtually impossible to keep tangs without live rock (since they are a foraging fish who pick all day).

i have something i dont know what is is but its in my tank on the side of it and the tangs go up to it all the time and eat pieces of it its like green stuff

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by NigerBang
Lion could you email me..I know this is way off-topic but I had a question about Bats..
Email sent.

brandoncena

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Ok. OI didnt know that he had no LR or Corals. So this poster dosent have LR for tangs, no inverts to help keep it clean, no refractometer so he kinda cannot do anything unless he sets up a QT which would take forever. The first problem is the tangs. Even if they get rid of ich he is going to have to get rid of them or the will stress and die.

im not getting rig of my tangs unless they get too big tangs are my favorite and i paied too much to just get rid of them

triga22

Originally Posted by BrandonCena
i have something i dont know what is is but its in my tank on the side of it and the tangs go up to it all the time and eat pieces of it its like green stuff
Not to be mean, but you bought a tang for a 29 not knowing that it is insufficent tank. Green stuff is Algea. What tangs need to survive. I would treat the tang and get rid of it.

brandoncena

Not to be mean, but you bought a tang for a 29 not knowing that it is insufficent tank. Green stuff is Algea. What tangs need to survive. I would treat the tang and get rid of it.

im not soing that cause i paied 85 bucks for it and the pet store will only give me 15 bucks for him im not selling him

lion_crazz

And that is your opinion. Brandon stated his already. Leave it at that. Brandon is the one who has to live with his decisions. We, unfortunately, can do nothing but offer advice from our experience and knowledge of the subject. That advice was given and rejected. Let's leave it at that and not begin another fight about the tang issue. The two sides of the issue are cemented to their position and usually do not come around until they begin to lose their fish.
As my last piece of advice offered, do not use the copper medication without having a copper test kit. If done without a test kit, you could kill all of the fish in your tank quite easily.
Oh, and Brandon, you said you paid $65 for the tang in another thread. :notsure:

triga22

im not getting rig of my tangs unless they get too big tangs are my favorite and i paied too much to just get rid of them
You dont get the point. The tangs cant get any bigger there isnt enough room! The tangs are going to die if they stay. At least you could take them back and save their life and get some cash then to keep it because you like it. Thats the problem with saltwater fish people come into the hobby thinking that they can get whatever they want and they cant. Then the tank screws up and they want to know why. This is a reason. For the life of the fish please take it back or get a bigger tank 125 or above.

brandoncena

Originally Posted by NigerBang
Wow..A straight up "I dont care about their long term health"..This is where I check out..

i care about him im just not going to get rid of him im going to help him and keep him and when he gets big then ill get rid of him and get a small one

triga22

And that is your opinion. Brandon stated his already. Leave it at that. Brandon is the one who has to live with his decisions. We, unfortunately, can do nothing but offer advice. That advice was given and rejected. Let's leave it at that and not begin another fight about the tang issue.
Sorry to start a fight lion. I just am thinking for the life of the fish. I dont want this fish to die because it is kept in a 29 gallon. Thats animal crulety to me. The fish has a brain and thinks just like a dog. If a dog is beaten to death then that is crulety. Same with putting a fish in an unblaenced tank. Im not going to post again on the poster because I dont want to start something.

brandoncena

You dont get the point. The tangs cant get any bigger there isnt enough room! The tangs are going to die if they stay. At least you could take them back and save their life and get some cash then to keep it because you like it. Thats the problem with saltwater fish people come into the hobby thinking that they can get whatever they want and they cant. Then the tank screws up and they want to know why. This is a reason. For the life of the fish please take it back or get a bigger tank 125 or above.

im already saving up for a 125 gal i have it halfway paied off i will have it payed off by the end of next month

triga22

i care about him im just not going to get rid of him im going to help him and keep him and when he gets big then ill get rid of him and get a small one
The fish has no room to get bigger. So get rid of him now, dont and he dies. Choose cause if you pick the second one then you obviously dont care for the life of the fish.

lion_crazz

Sorry to start a fight lion. I just am thinking for the life of the fish. I dont want this fish to die because it is kept in a 29 gallon. Thats animal crulety to me. The fish has a brain and thinks just like a dog. If a dog is beaten to death then that is crulety. Same with putting a fish in an unblaenced tank. Im not going to post again on the poster because I dont want to start something.
And I FULLY agree with you. However, beating our heads against the wall and lecturing to this kid will do nothing.

nigerbang

Straight from Crazz...
Fish Stress..(I should get the email sooner or later)
"4. Room/space is a major concern for fish. Fish need room to move, room to make their own territory, room to just be by themselves. If you are taking a fish home to a 55 that already has 10-15 fish in it, most times this fish is going to be stressed. Tank size is a major issue the aquarist should be concerned about. There are certain fish that need a lot of room to move. I am not going to begin the tang in a 55 argument but use some common sense. A tang in a 55 MIGHT do okay, but give it a fighting chance. If you are putting a tang in a 55 gallon tank that already has a lot of fish in it, the tang is not going to do well. It NEEDS room. That is a fact. If it is going to work, the fish needs his room. It will not get that room if the tank is already over-crowded. Then, you have fish like volitan lions and emperor angels. Both of these fish grow 15 inches or more. Common sense tells you that they will need more than a 55 gallon aquarium since a 55 is only 12 inches from front to back The fish cannot even turn around in that size tank when fully grown."

brandoncena

The fish has no room to get bigger. So get rid of him now, dont and he dies. Choose cause if you pick the second one then you obviously dont care for the life of the fish.

do u think he can stay in there for just one more month till i get the 125 ?

triga22

And I FULLY agree with you. However, beating our heads against the wall and lecturing to this kid will do nothing.
Ok. I know I need to chill. Im leaving this post.

triga22

do u think he can stay in there for just one more month till i get the 125 ?
Ok. Ill help out. Well it would be 2 months. 1 month till you get it and another till its cycled. Yes it will last. The thing is is you need sand and 125# plus of rock. Im going to stay because it seems like he is upgrading and I want this fish to live.

24aqua

its not the tangs fault you got your self into something you cant handle youve been givin advise and your being hard headed you obviouslly have no respect for this hobby and the life of the fish you will be taking you bought a 85$fish without learning anything about it, even as far as its diet if you dont want to get rid buy a new tank