what is recomended to use to cycle ur tank

bigman

I'm new to this site, I was wondering what is being used to cycle tanks now days that works very quickly. I havent cycled a tank in 3 years and im in need to do so since i have just change my 300g shark tank into a tank for triggers and added all new water. Like a dummy i forgot i had to let my water cycle since its been awhile doing so i went out and purchased espensive fish and i have lost a few do to new tank syndrom.

nicetry

Live rock will cycle a tank. Toss in a few raw shrimp and let them fester. You can even add a few pinches of flake food every couple days. No need to use live stock to cycle your system.

bigman

thanks but i have live rock already with a clown trigger and a stars and stripes puffer and a undalted trigger as well as a 6 line . ive already lost 2 blueline triggers and a clown trigger. I have just been putting in some cycle called stability and not feeding the fish as much. i also have a blue jaw trigger

garnet13aj

Personally, I'd take the fish back and wait for your tank to cycle with LR. That's really the healthiest way for your tank, there's no cutting corners in this trade...

bigman

thankx for the info guys but my tank has been cycled for about 7days now and it cycled very fast do to lr and what i was adding plus the filtration i have in there.. i have add 4 more triggers to the tank .

treblehook

I am shocked you lost a clown trigger during the cycle. I only use Clown Triggers to cycle and have cycled at least 5 tanks that way

bigman

yeah he was getting stressed out by my undulted and blueline trigger.
after that i have moved my undulted trigger into the sump and ive bought a 8inch clown what a beautiful fish.

bigman

yeah he might but so far so good i try to feed heavy , and i have alot of hiding for the smaller fish , my undultad and bluelie are holding there own my stars and strips puffer is my most aggresive fish so far.

S

shark bait

Originally Posted by TrebleHook
I am shocked you lost a clown trigger during the cycle. I only use Clown Triggers to cycle and have cycled at least 5 tanks that way

you kidding me....

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by shark bait
you kidding me....
i hope he is :scared:

S

shark bait

Originally Posted by TrebleHook
Serious folks......LFS has used triggers and Groupers for years for cycling....no issues

smart move thats what i'd do way better than using dead shrimp.

thats just dumb, and is a gamble and a costly one.....

bigman

Originally Posted by pete159
try a product call stability
yes i agree that stuff works wonders it help cycle my 350 in a matter of a week or so.

peckhead

Originally Posted by BIGMAN
yes i agree that stuff works wonders it help cycle my 350 in a matter of a week or so.

it wasnt something in a bottle that helped u do that, it was the fact taht all u did was take out the water from ur tank and used new water. you still had all your old live rock and filtration...

larryndana

Originally Posted by peckhead
it wasnt something in a bottle that helped u do that, it was the fact taht all u did was take out the water from ur tank and used new water. you still had all your old live rock and filtration...
agreed!
i wouldn't say it was the only thing that made your tank cycle. but it may have helped some.

bigman

i never said that that alone has made my tank cycled but it did help of course my old bacteria help but the cycle and other chemical i add help cycle my tank faster than what it would have if i did not add anything.