What is the best food for fish

jeff10

I have frozen brine and Ocean Nutrition flake.
Are there some foods that are good for stress or to bring out better color? I see them advertised but do not think anything of it.
I have 2 clowns
a Royal Gramma
Yellow tail damsel
and 2 Firefish
I plan on adding a Yellow tang and Flame Angel to my big tank (which I know I can get algae flakes etc...for the Tang)

ajroc31

Don't get anything that is flake food. I feed my fish with frozen mysis, and about once a week live brine. I have some of the fish you have, and a Yellow tang. The Gramma loves, clowns love it, I am sure the demsel will also. One cube per day is fine. I also feed my sun coral with it, but my copper band butterfly learned to steal the mysis from it. Funny, but its annoying. Once a week I throw in a piece of an algea sheet for the tang.

meowzer

LOL...Yeah flakes are like chips...haha....taste okay but mostly worthless
Frozen mysis, marine cuisine, emerald entree, mega marine algae, are a few good foods.....also try adding some vitamins like selcon, zoe and vita-chem

jeff10

Wow, I got flakes, good thing to know!!! I am going to buy a garlic clove tonight as well and get mysis tomorrow since I have frozen brine cubes.

J

jstdv8

meo,
is it liquid or solid form? I just made up a batch of food and am thinking since I don't have any of this stuff that I might be able to add it to a cube before I feed it? What do you think?

tur4k

It's a liquid. I get mine at my LFS. I usually thaw my frozen food cubes in a couple of ounces of tank water with some Selcon, Boyds Vitachem or Kents Garlic Extreme added.
I also dose DT's live phyto every other day.

meowzer

Originally Posted by Jstdv8
http:///forum/post/3265217
meo,
is it liquid or solid form? I just made up a batch of food and am thinking since I don't have any of this stuff that I might be able to add it to a cube before I feed it? What do you think?
Tur4k basically said it...I put a few drops on my frozen foods and let it soak as it thaws...