What is the coolest hitch hiker?

trainfever

Originally Posted by tscuda
It was a few years back. But I'd have to say it was the blond girl I picked up on Cherry Hill.
Her hair wasn't blonde and she wasn't hitchhiking. It was a little gray-haired old lady who got lost from the Cherry Hill Nursing Home.

monalisa

I just got home from the LFS today. I needed to beef up my clean up crew, so I got 2 turbo snails and a half dozen hermits. When I put the bag for snails in the tank to begin acclimation, I noticed a very tiny asterina star in there....there was a time when I would have been over joyed with such a find, but seeing as I already have about 100 of them, I just scooped it out and put it in the tank with the snails...hmmmm....
The coolest hitch hiker I've gotten so far was a bumble bee snail on some live rock at the very start of my tank...I was a happy camper that evening, til I found out that he probably wouldn't make it through the cycle. He did eventually make it...we named him Speedy...but then he had a run in with my skimmer. I found him eventually when I did some maintenance on the skimmer and pulled the bio-media out...I have his shell in the tank as a memorial...poor Speedy.

Lisa :happyfish

seegert

Originally Posted by tscuda
It was a few years back. But I'd have to say it was the blond girl I picked up on Cherry Hill.

seegert

Originally Posted by trainfever
Her hair wasn't blonde and she wasn't hitchhiking. It was a little gray-haired old lady who got lost from the Cherry Hill Nursing Home.

dogstar

This has been my coolest HH so far. I dont know what species it is..Discovered it about 4 years ago, still got it....Rarely see it out front, most of the time its hid somewhere in the rocks.

solarscar

I think thats a lienka (sp) the blue kind maybe and i hear that its one of the hardest to keep. Good job, wow 4 years. I am curious since i have tons of brittle stars and who knows what else on my rocks, how big is that blue star of yours now? I am wondering if my brittles will make it and how large they will get and if they will start navigating the sand and glass instead of tiny holes. ROCK.

alyssia

Originally Posted by Dogstar
This has been my coolest HH so far. I dont know what species it is..Discovered it about 4 years ago, still got it....Rarely see it out front, most of the time its hid somewhere in the rocks.

Is it some kind of linckia?

dogstar

Originally Posted by alyssia
Is it some kind of linckia?
Yea, Im pretty sure its a Linckia sp. but I dont know the exact species tho. Maybe Linckia guildingi.....Mines about 4 in. tip to tip.

alyssia

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Yea, Im pretty sure its a Linckia sp. but I dont know the exact species tho. Maybe Linckia guildingi.....Mines about 4 in. tip to tip.

You are so lucky! I have tried two blue linckias but they died within a couple of weeks, even though I acclimated them for 5 hours.

nigerbang

the coolest would have to be the 2fer i got once...I bought a 15lb LR and got a cuke and a brittle star