what is the most interesting thing to have appeared in your tank out of the live rock

W

wbradenpt

Originally Posted by MonsterAquatic
There's 5 LA Wholesalers off the top of my head. All Local fish stores bring in there live goods from them unless they trans ship in directly.
wouldn't have guessed. wonder what you have to do to be able to buy directly from a wholesaler?

mudplayerx

The octopus isn't going to live more than a few months in the best of circumstances...that is if it doesn't crawl out of the tank and die in the house somewhere...which it will.

W

wbradenpt

Originally Posted by mudplayerx
The octopus isn't going to live more than a few months in the best of circumstances...that is if it doesn't crawl out of the tank and die in the house somewhere...which it will.
post a pic while you still can.

Originally Posted by fedel castro
a huge brittle star fish, had tank running for 3 years and never seen it till one night walked in the room and turned on lights and it ran from one side to the other, (280 gallon 7 feet long tank) in 0.00000000000001 seconds, it blow my MIND, scard the living chiiissccchhllleeee out of me, then ran to get cam, but only got pic of it hiding behind a rock.

its still in there some where.
I was there for this and it was a big mother! I mean like 16-20 inches across! Seriously! As for me, I think an elephant slug was about the most exciting for me. He was darn near 3" long. I also have had the usual zoa's and shrooms, even a nepthia.

ice4ice

Originally Posted by alix2.0
i think theyre saying "blue ringed octopus are very venomous and will kill you if you get bit. call animal control immediately." as in call them now so you dont DIE.

Call an ambulance is more safer than animal control ...

afnaeguy1892

How long did it take for all these critters to appear? I have had my live rock for a week now and haven't seen a thing yet. I keep going home and running to the tank hoping to see something.

bonebrake

Originally Posted by wbradenpt
wouldn't have guessed. wonder what you have to do to be able to buy directly from a wholesaler?
Anyone can do it if you are willing to spend ~$1000 on livestock at one time and not be completely sure of what you're getting. You get to pick the fish and corals that you want, but there will still be a few surprises or substitutions. Keep in mind though, $1000 of livestock at wholesale prices is A LOT of corals and fish that most folks do not have room for.

mamasky712

We've found about 8 stomatella snailsl, tons of those little 7 leg starfish, a few mini feather dusters, some sort of crab (i think a teddy bear) has appeared in a hole in one of the rocks at the very bottom of the tank, I found a keyhole limpet once but we haven't seen it since. We've seen a few fireworms. Nothing too exciting...yet :)

kynekke

This "thing", when it opens wide it has a teeth and tongue inside, it's like one huge flat mouth... it's probably 1/8 inch wide, 1/2" tall and 1" long.

undisputed17

Originally Posted by fuz_munky
i bought a colony of zoos put it in my tank then fed my fish and about 20 brittle starfish came out, creepy
never had any of these how fast do they move??

N

nyx

Let's see, along with nasty bristle worms and some really strange round white worm, we have about 2 dozen cleaner stars, several feather dusters, a tiny brittle star, a few corals that didn't make it, but the coolest of all was the abalone (don't think I spelled that right) snail. . .not a little one either, it's about 3-4 inches across.

fuz_munky

Originally Posted by Undisputed17
never had any of these how fast do they move??
purty darn, depends on if thers food or not

ccampbell57

I currently have a clam growing on my LR...dont know what kind yet as it is only 1/8".
I have come accross Urchins, Sponge, and the creepiest was a HUGE bristle worm (6 inches)

fuz_munky

Originally Posted by Undisputed17
i wanna see a brittle star move
ill pm you a vid once i get one
i fed my fish today and saw a crab but i wasnt able to get a pic though

alix2.0

Originally Posted by Ice4Ice
Call an ambulance is more safer than animal control ...
what would an ambulance do with an octopus?

btb9000

Baby Sea Snake (12")
2 Octopus (Octopi?)
Bunch of misc. clams
Bristleworms
Sponges
Corals (various types)
Gorgonias
Misc. Gobies
Misc. Starfish
Misc. Crabs (best was a Porcelain)
Shark Egg
This is some of the stuff you find when you go through 2000lbs of live rock looking for the absolute best.

W

wbradenpt

just noticed this a couple of days ago. anyone have an i.d. on this? seems like it has seven legs. this is on my back glass, so can't see it from the other side.