WHAT IS THIS GROWING IN MY CUBE?

MR REEF

Hi Everyone:

I have a 29 Gal Bio Cube setup now for at least 4 months now. It looks like there is some kind of Egg that is hiding underneath my Coral in the form of a white ball. Second,I have this green Feather plant growing out of one of my Frags and I have not cut it down because I like the way it looks. It almost looks like a filter feeder but I'm not sure how that would have grown there since I don't have anything like this anywhere else in the Tank. Any ideas?

Attachments

MR REEF

Thanks bang guy , I think it's not a sponge because the other morning I saw little white things all over the glass that I think hatched from that egg and more of that egg is below that rock , I wonder if it's snails or I don't know what actually .

Second do I need to remove the bryopsis from the coral ?

2quills

Some type of ball sponge. Also see some aipstasia in there. The little white things on the glass are probably copepods.

The algae plant you can take it or leave it. It feeds on nutrients in the water. It can proliferate pretty quickly though and choke out your corals if nutrients arent kept in check.

MR REEF

Some type of ball sponge. Also see some aipstasia in there. The little white things on the glass are probably copepods.

The algae plant you can take it or leave it. It feeds on nutrients in the water. It can proliferate pretty quickly though and choke out your corals if nutrients arent kept in check.
Are Copepods good?

MR REEF

Yep, they feed on organic waste that builds up in the system. Considered beneficial and are a live food source for certain types fishes.
Nice! Thank you so much for your help. I'll keep that Green filter looking plant. It looks nice and its not spreading like wildfire its just growing tall which is pretty nice actually. That aipstasia is killing my Zooanthaid and I purchased a needle to burn it with Liquid Calcium . I was thinking of purchasing some shrimp that actually feed on those but I think my wrasse would just eat them.
Any thoughts ?

2quills

I had some really good results with peppermint (wurdemmani) shrimp in regards to aipstasia. They may not eat the large ones so you're on track with considering a two pronged approach. Kill the big ones and use the shrimp to maintain them.