What is this thing in my live rock????

enomadra

OK so same post I put up a while ago here is a new pic I hope this can help solve the mystery 08-19-03.
I got some live rock from Indonesia and found something rather unusual in it. It seems to be green and have these long thread like tentacles that come out and move around. If anything goes near it back into its tube it goes. Anyway here are two pictures of it sorry for the detail it’s the best my current camera can do.

Oh I also was going to ask about this almond shaped thing I found but turns out it is a clam.
Thanks,
Mike

aarone

looks like small aptasia. maybe a feather duster though. picture is blurry. if its aptasia, then that sux. get rid of it before it spreads and stings the fish. if its a feather duster. congratulations.

enomadra

I will try to get my brother to come over with his camera and get a better pic of it in the next few days.
:D Oh and I know it is not a feather duster i have them all over the rock. This is different.

enomadra

Ok here is a much better pic of this thing. Or now that I have been looking at my live rock I should say things, I have about 4 or 5 of them. I would say this thing kind of looks like it is shooting out spider webs (very slowly).

Any suggestions on how to get rid of them would be great (if they are dangerous to my reef).
Thanks,
Mike

enomadra

I just replaced the old pictures with one new one. I hope it will help to identify this thing. I put the pic on the first string in this post.
Thanks,

T

thomas712

18 days later I agree with Bang - Vermitid Snail. Rather dark looking speciman.