What is you favorite fish and why?

candaceswf

Administrator
upload_2014-10-3_14-43-8.png

This little guy is one of my favorites. It's a Red Pygmy Possum Wrasse, they are so cute and have so much personality!

What's your favorite? There's so many options it's hard to choose just one!

Attachments

silverado61

My favorite fish isn't a fish. Its the Banded Serpent Star. I've got three of them. One of my little guys, a grey banded, must been attacked in the wild. His central disk looks like someone took a bite out of a cookie and he's got a tiny tentical growing back. Two other tenticals were bitten half off but they're growing back too. My big one, also a grey banded, is missing half of one tentical and its also growing back. My third one, this one is a red banded, is fine but he's the tiniest one of the three. They all have a personality all their own.

flower

I LOVE seahorses! LOL...because they are so awesome and unusual. I always liked the exotic and not the norm kind of thing, that's why I have a pet parrot too.

Last edited:

mauler

My hippo tang I love this fish all I've ever read is how shy they are but mine is full of personality I can even pet her.

flower

My hippo tang I love this fish all I've ever read is how shy they are but mine is full of personality I can even pet her.
Hi, you shouldn't put your hands in the tank unless you have to. fish are not to pet, it messes with the natural slime coating they have. I just thought you should know... I agree Hippo tangs have lots of personality, I adored mine too.

trigger40

HUMU TRIGGER!!!!!!!!! they are cool, aggressive, and one is never the same as the other so they each have great personality.

mopardwh

I'd have to pick the longnose hawkish I had. That little guy was so awesome. He wagged his tail and had the personality of a dog sometimes when you came around. Super cool.

geridoc

Definitely my emperor angelfish. I had it for almost two decades, and it was like a good friend.

dangerfish

:)I haven't got a tank yet but I love two that are greatly different 1.) Obviously the Green Mandarin Goby they just have such a cool pattern on them and since the have orange it makes them even cooler 2.) And not so obviously is the snowflake eel and again they have a very cool pattern on them and I've hear that you can even hand feed the as long as you train them to do so.:)
:(And yeah sadly I know that they cant go into the tank together :(

candaceswf

Administrator
:)I haven't got a tank yet but I love two that are greatly different 1.) Obviously the Green Mandarin Goby they just have such a cool pattern on them and since the have orange it makes them even cooler 2.) And not so obviously is the snowflake eel and again they have a very cool pattern on them and I've hear that you can even hand feed the as long as you train them to do so.:)
The mandarin is definitely a favorite among many people! Personally, I wouldn't ever try to hand feed the eel once you get it. They have bad eyesight and could end up biting you rather than the food :eek: My friend used chopsticks to feed his snowflake eel

mauler

The mandarin is definitely a favorite among many people! Personally, I wouldn't ever try to hand feed the eel once you get it. They have bad eyesight and could end up biting you rather than the food :eek: My friend used chopsticks to feed his snowflake eel
When I had my eel I hand feed him and I could tell he was pretty much blind after the first feeding cause he bit me and continued too luckily he was still small so it didn't hurt

candaceswf

Administrator
Ya the small ones I guess wouldn't be that bad, my friend's eel was about 16 inches lol. There is a guy who does dive charters in the keys and would bring hot dogs to feed to the morays, supposedly he did this for a long time and one day after feeding them the guy had no more hot dogs left, but one eel was still hungry and it bit off the guy's finger!

silverado61

I heard about the hotdog thing. Now they discourage feeding the eels because they get too dependent on it and won't hunt.

siptang

I love my wrasses and Triggers but if I had to choose one, it has to be my Blue throat trigger from Vanuatu. Yes, it makes a HUGE difference in where it comes from.

candaceswf

Administrator
I love my wrasses and Triggers but if I had to choose one, it has to be my Blue throat trigger from Vanuatu. Yes, it makes a HUGE difference in where it comes from.
Many people do not realize that the same kind of fish could look really different depending on where it comes from. What is different about the blue throat trigger from Vanuatu vs. somewhere else?

dangerfish

yeah I dont think ill hand feed him I think im just going to let him/her hunt it.