What is you favorite fish and why?

dangerfish

ha ha nope its the mandarin goby and snowflake eel obviously humu trigger is cool is cool but not a match compared to mandarin goby and snowflake eel.

siptang

Many people do not realize that the same kind of fish could look really different depending on where it comes from. What is different about the blue throat trigger from Vanuatu vs. somewhere else?

From the work that I do, I get to see vast amount of fish from different regions of the world. From my experience, bluethroat from the Philippines have higher mortality rate. Yes, they are cheapest but for a reason.
Indo is slightly higher in price but their coloration is not vibrant. Worse then Philippines at times.

What makes Blue throat attractive is it's vibrant adult marking.
Vibrant blue jaw, very distinctive and strong yellow lining on the dorsal fins , back fins and anal fins and hint of vibrant red on the tail fin. Vanuatu specimens were the best in my opinion ( i have kept 4 blue throats before from all 3 regions that I mentioned)

This is mine when I first received it. It's body color is actually much lighter then this. (you can imagine the stress of the fish from fresh import and man handling lol)

Last edited:

trigger40

ha ha nope its the mandarin goby and snowflake eel obviously humu trigger is cool is cool but not a match compared to mandarin goby and snowflake eel.
i used to have a snowflake... for the bio load it had an the amount you would see it it was not worth it IMO. and when you would see it it would sit there not moving. the mandarin would be dinner for the trigger :)

trigger40

You should see my sargassum trigger.
dont see to may many of thoes in my area. in general the triggers my lfs gets need work. my baby bursa trigger had lympho bad and was really skinny. he is starting to get fat though :). mind sharing the sargassum trigger?

trigger40

if i try to hand catch my humu trigger it bites the crap out of me... thats why my net has holes in it lol.

siptang

You are not doing it right then lol. I hand fed all my triggers. Which includes huma and clown trigger.

trigger40

i hand feed my triggers too and even pet them. but once i move my hand after my humu he figures out what going on really fast lol.