what is your worst aquarium disaster?

bill109

this isnt mine but this is funny
so hes got his hand in a tank and his buddy is behind the guy with his hand in the tank
the guys hand is in a tank with triggers... he gets bit and BAM!!! nails his buddy in the teeth with his elbow form being bit

joojoo

Buying a Coral Beauty from ***** after hours of trying to convince myself not to... and it gave my whole tank ich and everything died.

k-rok

Wow dina12, what made your tank crack? I have a 240gal. FOWLR that is 10 years old. I'm waiting for a seal to let go so I'm a bit paranoid.

windmill

A corner of my very first 40 got chipped and drained all but 2" of water. All livestock got coolered up and traded to the LFS for store credit.

reefreak29

i had a skimmer pump burn up ,the toxins from the plastic killed all my fish but my corals and inverts survived :notsure:

30-xtra high

not mine, this was somebody that quit saltwater fish altogether cause this incident..
she said she was working on her sump in her stand underneath her tank, and she moved the sump over a little bit, and the bottom of her tank just broke out, and she got covered in livesand, water, and hit in the head with liverock..that would make me want to quit also..

cowfishrule

my 55g fw tank busted a seal.
all the gook that's been living in the gravel decided to run down 2 floors.
yummy.
found 3" inches of water left in the tank and 6 discus just chillin on their side wondering what was going on.

seannmelly

power went out lost all the fish. went out and bought a $3500 dollar generator(something like 20,000 watts, vtwin 1000cc motor) the next day. will never have to worry about the power going out again

who dey

my circulation pump in my 30gal RODI holding tank turned upright and fountained all 30g all over my floor and leaked down 2 my neighbors kitchen and destroyed the wallpaper shorted appliances etc... cost me 5 grand. All this while I was at work :mad:

Originally Posted by WHO DEY
my circulation pump in my 30gal RODI holding tank turned upright and fountained all 30g all over my floor and leaked down 2 my neighbors kitchen and destroyed the wallpaper shorted appliances etc... cost me 5 grand. All this while I was at work :mad:
OUCH

travis89

The worst I have had is when I dropped my $250 192W light set-up in the tank, everything came out fine, but I still had to replace the fixture.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by firefish9
having a butterfly with a diese wipe out my tank
Ok that one I find fascinating. A disease crossed over from a butterfly to your fish? Is it possible the butterfly had pesticide or something on it?

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Ok that one I find fascinating. A disease crossed over from a butterfly to your fish? Is it possible the butterfly had pesticide or something on it?
:hilarious