What killed my Coral Banded Shrimp??

jrse7en

I found half of my CBS shrimp stuck to the side of my powerhead just now. He was a little guy. I only found half of him and looks like he was torn in half. I cant find the rest of him. I have 3 peppermints and one has show aggression towards him but he clamped his fist and the pepp ran away to the other side of the tank. The moonlights came on and 2 hours later I found half of his dead body. Do peppermints kill CBS shrimp?
I have hermits and emerald crabs and thats all I can think of that may go after him.
Emerald crab is in the vacinity.

meowzer

Aren't you watching the game? :)
I think Peppermints and cbs will fight in smaller tanks, and if one is larger than the other, I am not 100% sure though....LOL

jrse7en

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3166975
Aren't you watching the game? :)
I think Peppermints and cbs will fight in smaller tanks, and if one is larger than the other, I am not 100% sure though....LOL
What game? /shrug

jrse7en

WHen they molt do they shed claws and whiskers? I'm thinking it could be a molt but I have no idea, I hope its a molt :( He was my favorite.

jrse7en

I hope its just a molt, I added an Iodide cap last night before bed and maybe he prematurely molted. I will leave him alone and pray for him. :( I saw a clear face, whiskers and claws, one claw blew off into the water from teh pressure of the powerhead. I didnt find any legs or tail.

meowzer

HMMMM...sounds like a molt....the other inhabitants will take care of the molt skin (not sure what to call it..LOL)