What kind of coral is this?

fmelindy

What do you think this is? I bought it as Nephthea species but do you think it could be more likely to be Capnella?

fmelindy

What is it about the coral that makes you say that? (that's what I thought too but I'm not quite sure why I thought that...)

T

tizzo

Mostly cause it looks exactly like mine and I searched long and hard to conclude that it's a capnella.:D

T

tizzo

Actually, it came in on my rock as a hitch hiker. It grew from nothing. I don't feed it anything,. it won't take cyclop-eeze, But it does like steady current. You will notice that it will close up and look like a cauliflour branch, it can stay closed up like that for up to a week. Mine has done it about 4 times, the first time I worried, I thought it was dead. I am warning you so you don't worry. Mine started to grow when I had PC lighting. I had 4 65watt bulbs in a 24 inch deep tank, this coral was real close to the bottum, so it doesn't require a lot of light. I now have halides so it will tolerate high light.
No secrets, it's the easiest one I have. Also, I have many stonies, I have never seen my capnella release that "toxin" that a lot of softies do!!
HTH:)