1 maroon
1 yellow tail dam
1 black and white dam 5"
1 corral beauty
Did water change on sat 8/18 15 gallons
did a test today everything good except nitrate ,
its 160. Having trouble with nitrate.

bang guy

IMO a Nitrate level of 160 after a water change is out of control. How old are your test kits? Have you confirmed this level with another test?

clarkiiboi

First off you need to get the trAtes under control before anything. (easier said then done I know) How old is the tank? Was the cycle done before your additions? As stated is the testing kit old (not knowing) and have you went to the LFS to test just for a second opinion? Just a problem I ran into and will pass it along---my water that I used for water changes (tap---which is bad to begin with) contained trAtes. It was lower than what was in my tank at the time, but it was tick for tack. So have you tested your water you are putting back in with the water changes? and also are you cleaning the CC with these changes? sorry so many questions but this may help to narrow the trAte problem.
Once this under control, the inverts you could have depend on what you want FOWLR or REEF. HTH

procc

I'm very thankful for the replys,
It never crossed my mind to get a second opinion
on the tests and also testing the water
I'm puting in my tank.
I've had this tank for six weeks,
when I bought it, it was in process for two years
when I brought it to my house
I used the same water and only changed
five gallons. Ever since. I have had several water
changes and nitrate still high...
Another thing is I might of had too many fish.
I got rid of three and now I have five in a
60 gallon tank.

azrile

But think about adding a refugium with macroalgae. The macroalgae eats the nitrates, then every couple weeks, you trim back the algae and throw some away, it's like picking out nitrates.
I set up a refugium for under $100 bucks that not only helps remove nitrates, but adds water volume, and a place for pods to thrive, without being eaten too quickly.