what protein skimmer do you use?

whysohigh

Hello all, I am getting ready to purchase my first protein skimmer for my 75gal and am looking for some reviews. If you folks dont mind giving me some stats and info on your skimmer, weather or not you would recomend it and if youve had any problems, i would appreciate it.
there are so many on the market I want to make sure I get myt moneys worth, thanks in advance.

whysohigh

i realized i left that info out after i posted it, sorry about that. im looking for both, i have not yet set up a sump or refugium, i am going to be building a refugium in the next few months, but i have a friend who is a year or so behind me in this hobby and i sell him my unused equipment when i upgrade. so do want to start with a hang on back type but will upgrade to an in sump when i get my build finished.
thank you much.

whysohigh

well like anyone i do want to keep it as cheap as possible, but at the same time i want the best for my fish and corals. if this hobby has taught me anything, its you get what you pay for. i was about to say money is no problem, then i had a vision of you sending me a link to a $5000 skimmer lol. im going to have to say $500 is what im going to set my limit at.

cam78

I have a Precision Marine Bullet II. Its rated for 200 gallons i think. The bullet I is rated for less. Its a great piece of machinary and pulls crud nicely.

bang guy

I've always built a custom skimmer to match the tank. If you make two of them you can usually sell one to cover the cost of materials for both.

acrylic51

Bullet II is way to much skimmer for the tank. If I were going HOB my choices would be Tunze or Deltec.