what salinity to stay at with sps dominant tank?

btwk12

the reason i ask is because i have a green slimer that won't open very much at all,its not dead the polyp's are just barely out
salinity-1.026
cal-475
alk-9
trates-undetectable
i don't dose anything except kalk with my top off and i don't have mag or stront test kits because i don't dose, but i do 10 gal a week on a 110 gal or 20 bi weekly and i use reef crystals salt. i have numerous other sps and all are fully open with white tip's and growing farely quick. i have a 6 bulb t-5 fixture about 4 month's old tank is 18'' deep, slimer is about 8-10'' from light (right at the top)

bang guy

Salinity: 35ppt - 37ppt IMO.
If your green slimer isn't extending properly make sure it's getting enough waterflow and that the water is clear so the light isn't reduced.

btwk12

the water is crystal clear and i had it in a high flow spot for 2 days and nothing so i moved it to a lower flow area. the fish store i got it from had almost no flow on it and it was fully extended

btwk12

i'll just keep posting to myself lol i put it as high as my rockwork would let me and i have a 1350 koralia pointed right at it from about 24'' away so hope for the best i am not gonna move it any more

wangotango

Pointing a powerhead right at the coral is not the best way to go IMO. You want strong, random-intermittent flow, which you can get by pointing the powerheads diagonally towards the front glass or at each other. You don't want the "blast" it, just give it enough to make the polyps move a bit.
As far as lighting, I keep my slimer colony about mid-level. If I move it any higher it starts to brown out (I have 270w of T5ho on my 55gal).