What temp do you keep your tank at??

aileena

I have heard lots of different opinions at where people keep there temperature. from 76 all the way up to 80. I keep mine at 78. Just wondering what others do?

nm reef

I keep mine from 78 in the AM to around 82 in the late afternoon.....it is vital to maintain a stable range and avoid serious fluctuations.Some corals do not adjust well to sudden temp swings.

almarktool

well with lighting and ac and all else conside my tank keeps it's temp at 78-80 i really don't have much control over it but by keeping my central a/c on 24/7 at 73 deg this is where it ends up

aileena

Interesting...seems that most keep there tanks at about 78-80...thats what I thought. Anyone ever take it down to 76?

D

demonknight

i think 76 degrees is getting a bit low. thats more of a temperate reef tempurature. accually thats about what it here in the chaesapeake.

ed r

My heater is set to keep the tank at 80 for a low point. The lighting typically raises it to 81, sometimes 82 during the day.

jonthefb

i have experimented with this some and used to keep my tank at the 78-80 range. i found that my corals never truly opened up and were never as inflated and puffy as they had once looked, eventhough my lfs keeps their tanks at the same temp. Then one day my fan on my tank broke while i was at work and the temp jumped up to the 82-84 range. I came home and everything had doubled in size. my moon went from teh size of a baseball to the size of a softball in one day because the polyps were so inflated. Everythign looked gorgeous. Now i try to keep it between 82 and 84 all the time!
just my experience though!
jon

melbournefl

but ... I can't help but wonder how one achieves the status of "mental patient" on this board? LOL I think being involved in a "hobby" that sometimes costs more than the cars we drive would qualify all of us.
Later, Paul

aqua blue

I have kept my tank temperature at 79 for the short 7 weeks that it has been up. No problems so far. And I am able to leave house A/C at about 78 - 79 to help the wallet some.:)

daisy

Mine goes from 78 to 82, depending on the AC. It's usually around 80 all the time, but we've had a hot streak here, and I can't even keep the room cool, sadly.

richard rendos

The first day the board switched to the new format, you could change your status to anything. I changed it to Mental Patient. I hope they never change it.

saltyrich

I, like NM Reef, am also a New Mexico desert reefer. My tank is looking good and I have a gradual shift each day from 79 in the morning to about 83 at night when the lights cut off.