what was the worst advice your lfs gave you?

ccampbell57

One of my LFS' said that their fish were fine, that the white spots on the Majestic angel was just from stress in shipping. Said that a little fresh water dip would get rid of it.
I started to laugh.

spivey911

The worst info they gave was to cycle w/ Damsels...poor guys theyre doing good tho...I wish I had known there was another way b/f I started!
I may be the only one but I can say for the most part Im happy w/ my lfs....(Aquatic Critter)! I have learned tons by just going in & talking to staff.

spivey911

The worst info they gave was to cycle w/ Damsels...poor guys theyre doing good tho...I wish I had known there was another way b/f I started!
I may be the only one but I can say for the most part Im happy w/ my lfs....(Aquatic Critter)! I have learned tons by just going in & talking to staff.

the worst thing a lfs told me is that "Its fine to buy this amoene" One week later my queen,majestic emperor,flame,coral beauty angelfish,and some tangs and clownfish were dead.

chub

I saw a guy leave a fish store with everything he needed to start a SW tank 10 fish were in the package also

brewski4u1

worst advise!
i was in the lfs gettin water yesterday and walking around and looking at the fish and coral and over heard a guy working there say to a lady " yea a pipe fish would be fine in a 8gallon bio cube! " i couldnt let that happen so spoke up got into a argument and walked away then the lady came over and wanted me to help so she says i have a false perc could i get this b/w OC i'm like sure if that was a B/W and the clerck over heard me and says yes it is i'm looking at it knowing its a B/w seabe so we get into it again! the owner comes over and says what the prob i explain he says its a b/w oc so i respond w/ would you bet your store on it! hes like i've been woking here for 10 years i know more then you! so i walk over get a fish id book and show him a b/w seabe he shut up and asked me to leave! lol
so i left and said thanks for the free water lol
the lady walked w/ me and i gave her the name of another lfs a little father away that is a million times better !

kynekke

I had a national chain kind of LFS tell me that a lion fish in my 55 gallon tank would be great for my 6 year old daughter to take care of. They also keep trying to sell me a white anemone.

ci11337

One of the guys at a LFS told me, "sure some corals will do fine under normal fluorescents" Few days later a lady at the same store said if i didn't buy PC lights soon my corals will die. I bought the lights to save my corals and am now stuck with this piece of crap PC fixture. (i want T5's) anyway never went back to that store again.

fats71

Originally Posted by regina13
http:///forum/post/2502628
Actually those puffers at Walmart can go fresh or salt. They are brackish(sp?)
They are maby people who have done it with the ones from walmart. Same with there dragonfsh.:
King Kong Puffer will not survive nor adapt to brackish or sw ever not even in the slightest bit. However otherss will such as
Target Puffer
Red Line Puffer
Green Spotted Puffer
Zebra Puffer
These will go sw or brackish
But the one she suggested is no way gonnna go into salt and make it.
I been doing my research :)
I find myself spending 80% of my waking hours reading about fish.. I need to get a hobby to take me away from my addiction it seems...
I am scared when spring turkey season comes I wont go because I will have to be home to feed my fish cuz i do not trust anyone else to do it and the auto timer well it may not work and omg what if their is a crisis and no one notices it
OMG WHO GOT ME INTO THIS !!!!!!!!