Whats the diffrence?????

meowzer

If you are only doing a fowlr...the first should be good......I would get the first anyway, and then if you decide to do some reefing, you can buy the single kits later
This is just my opinion....
p.s....you could also post pics of the kits...you will need to delete the links to the store...that is not allowed on this site.

xcali1985

Sad to say you actually need both if you want to run a reef, I have both, you get duplicates of some but if you want to run a FOWLR the master is enough. You will need a calcium test which API sells outside of the kit. LR needs calcium

zippgirl

For FOWLR you need test kit # 1, if you decide to do corals then you could add in test kit # 2. When I had FOWLR there was a time when my coraline(spelling) algea started turning white, so I needed a calcium test kit. If you start having an outbreak of bad algea then you may need a phosphate kit to test for that. You need test kit # 1 no matter what, because that is your basic need. But be aware that test # 2 can serve some purpose in just a FOWLR tank also.

zippgirl

With FOWLR you don't HAVE to have it, just may come in handy. If I were you I would start with kit # 1, and if later you have algea problems or if coraline starts to turn white then you could get the other two test kits. Frequent water change should take care of calcium and keep phospates down (as long as using RO/DI water). Start with kit 1 and wait to see if you need the others, because they do have expiration dates and by the time you need them (if you need them) they may be expired anyway. This is just my opinion.