Whats wrong with my vlamingi tang?

jim2766

He is not its usual color except a patch at his nose and on his tail, he isn't swimming correctly, or eating at all. Last evening he was fine. His color is dark like he was spooked or stressed. Any suggestions? He is about 4 plus years old, about 12 inches in length and we got him when he was very small, sold to us as a "green tang".

jim2766

Its a 215 gallon reef tank, water all tested ok, everyone else is doing fine, all inverts, clam, all corals, and also my hippo tang, sailfin tang, and rabbit fish are eating as normal and doing well.

jim2766

Just discolored, not swimming correctly, not eating, but today he seems more active. Color still not right, but he is eating. Which is a good sign...

jim2766

No, noone picks on him as he is the largest in the tank and first in as well. I dont have a naso tang, I have a hippo, sailfin, and a yellow and they all leave him alone.They have all been together for over 3 years.

gemmy

OOPS, it looks like it could be an abrasion. This could be caused by another fish harassing it and chasing it causing the vlamingi to bash into rocks.

jim2766

The nose stripe is not an abrasion, it wraps around to the other side like its a stripe, even on both sides. He is slooooooly getting his color back.