What's your weirdest hitchhiker?

barry cuda

Being new to the SW scene, I find the "LR hitchhiker lotto" to be one of the more fascinating aspects of the hobby. Seems like you never really know what might be in that rock. So, what's the strangest critter you've ever found in the tank? Pics would be a bonus ...

vibe

i also have little worm like arms comeingout of my rocks. is it posible to get rid of this? i also recently found a very very small orange, red and tan serpnt star. some hermits. but the wierdest hitchiker i have found i wold have to say re these patches of what looks like, white mucus. but its like tubing going over my LR. it might be a sponge of some kind i guess. it sunds li the stff waterfaller mentioned. hitchikers rock!:D

jrpage

because he looks somewhat like the worms in the movie MIB II. He's pretty cool has a little hole in a empty clam shell attached to a bigger alive one. He's got the extra long antenna that wave like crazy trying to catch food from the water as it passes over him. All in all he's only the diameter of a pin head and I'm amazed that we even saw him to begin with. I think it's only because I'm so awed by the process. I actually sit in front of the tank instead of "the tube" most evenings.

I bought a bubble tipped anenome which was attached to a sea bisquit(dead). After a few months we noticed a spider web like material was "growing " around the base. One night after lights out, I saw a very large, pencil diameter, segmented worm extending itself throught the web. Our "monster" has been living in the reff for 18months now. I very seldom see it, but its web is still there and is much larger now. I feed it shrimp pellets which it grabs and takes bach to its hole.

chinnyr

I've picked up the usual worms and pods,as well as crabs.Here is a pick of a whelk snail that liked to hunt and kill my other snails.There ended up being 4 of them in my tank.They grew extremely fast and moved pretty quick for a snail.It threw the whole theory out the window for me that snails ae slow.

I also got some porcelain crabs, just like Bang Guy. They are very entertaining and peaceful, I just love them. I also got a pair of pistol shrimps that live together under a very large piece of live rock. Also, very cool.
-Christine

bdubbya

Hey bang guy, it looks like you got some nice looking porcelin (sp?) crabs there. I've got all the stuff you expect to see on LR, and a few cool things. I've got a deep purple sponge that is spreading through my tank, and a nice size pink encrusting tunicate. I had one of those crabs that live in sps corals for a while, but I haven't seen him since I moved. I also haven't seen any of his molts lieing around, so I assume he probably didn't make it.