when shoud I add the Anenome

When should I add an anenome? My tank has finished cycling for 2 weeks, and my water parameters are
Ammonina - 0
nitrites - 0
Nitrates -10-15
PH- 8.2
I have 2 clowns, 2 green cromis, a banded coral shrimp, and 2 hermits.
130 watts of PC
When should i add the anenome?? i dont want to add it too soon and have it die.
Any help Appreciated.

greatfullreefer

PC will work with certain anenommie's but ya gonna need about 300 watts...also your tank is not established enough, need to wait a bare minimum of 6 months to a year as they do require pristine water conditions. Dont worry clowns do NOT need them to be happy.

russianspy

Well your tank should cycle for about 3 months minium, 6 months is a good time though, I don't know the depth of your wallet but maybe 1 MH 175! PC really don't work with anemonies...Its possible but it'll probly live shorter and die easyer. Just my PC experience with anemoies. If you can't update yor lights i'd wait 3 months and get a bubble tip anemone, That'll be ok hopfully

russianspy

Originally posted by Speedracered
Nitrates -10-15

Water Change Time...When your tank is cytcled those should be at 0, I assume you have live rock?

Thanks for the replies guys. I will wait about 3-6 months, and hoping to get new lighting by then.
And yea, im using LR, im gonna do a water change later today
thanks guys.

russianspy

Originally posted by Bang Guy
IMO Nitrates of 10ppm are fine unless you're into very delicate SPS from sterile waters.

I'm so aragant

IMO Nitrates of 10ppm are fine unless you're into very delicate SPS from sterile waters.
Which anenome would be fine??
thanks

bang guy

Originally posted by RussianSpy
:nope: New Lights Man :nope:

I agree. The Nitrate are not your problem. You need light. Lots of light.

bot587

better lighting is the key to keeping anenomes... i hear everyone shouting metal halides... so i would just do MH