When you say you're afraid of "the government", who exactly are you afraid of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006 http:///t/394081/when-you-say-youre-afraid-of-the-government-who-exactly-are-you-afraid-of/60#post_3508394
Clemson here is Something to Really Think about for a LONG TIME. For Years Chicago and Washington DC both had Total Gun BANS in the Cities meaning you could not OWN a gun in those cities as a Private Citizen. 2 Private Citizens took the Cites to court and WON the Supreme Court of the USA ruled that the 2nd Amendment said that their Right to OWN a GUN had been INFRINGED and they had the RIGHT TO OWN a GUN. DC Complied with a Tough Registration policy and Concealed Carry and Guess What their CRIME RATE DROPPED.
Chicago however basically did the Min to Comply and still restricted Gun Ownership aka You can not have a LOADED Gun in City Limits. They LEAD the NATION in MURDERS AND OTHER VIOLENT CRIME. Chicago has had more People Murdered and SHOT than our Troops in Afghanistan over the Last 2 Years. Chicago has had more People Killed over 10 Years than all the KIA's in Irag and Afghanistan COMBINED yet people say Restrict Gun Ownership from the Law Abiding People of this Nation. Here is how Screwed up IL is you can Move from this state with Legally OWNED WEAPONS Fail to get what is called a FOID card or Firearms Owner ID card and Get Charged with a Felony. That tell you anything how Screwed up this State is. You Bought and Own the GUNS Legally and HERE IN IL IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A CARD FROM THE STATE THAT SAYS YOU CAN OWN THEM YOUR A FELON.
That's all good and fine, but I did a very quick Google search on gun related deaths in Chicago from 2000-2008, and granted this is just Chicagoland, so the rest of the state doesn't count in these numbers... Here we go:
Of the total homicides using guns, 93% of those murders were committed by males, of which 77.4% of those were black, and 17.3% were Hispanic. Those who were killed were 81.8% black and 15.4% Hispanic. Also, it's estimated that over 65% of those homicides were gang related, and 22% were attached to either drugs or alcohol. The majority of these crimes occoured in three neighborhoods (Fuller Park, Washington Park, and Garfield Park) which are all notoriously bad neighborhoods with gangs and drugs.
My point, is that I understand you want to make it look like Old man Jones sitting in his middle class home was the one who ended up being the victim of those bans. When realistically, it was the same people in the same bad neighborhoods who did most of the shooting and killing. The same people that all buy guns off the street. The same people that a gun ban wouldn't affect at all, because they don't follow the laws anyways.
I'm not saying your numbers don't matter, I'm just saying I don't think for the "general" public, it made much of a difference based on the numbers I just found.

mantisman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/394081/when-you-say-youre-afraid-of-the-government-who-exactly-are-you-afraid-of/60#post_3508111
You showed a lot more restraint than I would have Mantis. They were making offensive statements to your daughter (which doesn't surprise me one bit considering my experience with border trash in Ca and AZ both) and acting aggresively towards you until you displayed a gun. They left and THEN THEY CAME BACK? My response to that would have been "bang".
Yeah, we have a large pile of dirt from the homesite/foundation excavation and they ran strait south across the homesite and to the west, around the dirt pile and back strait north toward us. They got within about 50 feet when I pulled my pistol and yelled for my daughter to get my rifle. If they would have been within 20 feet before I saw them, they would have been taken to the morgue instead of the Federal lockup.

mantisman51

Also, this was only 4 of them. I have seen as many as 150 in a group. 6 or 10 round magazines will get you dead quick if they make a move. With 30 rounds(and 3 of them), I can actually have a prayer of saving my family if the worst happens. If the liberal's Lord and Savior has his way, only the cartels THAT HE AND HOLDER ARMED will have high capacity "assault weapons". Still not one liberal has answered that basic question, so I posit it again: do you (insert any liberal on this forum here) think it is right that Obama and Holder(Bush started and quickly stopped when he realized they were untraceable in Mexico, so don't say it was a Bush program-his was dead for over 3 years) armed the cartels with 2000-3000 AR15's and AK47's and many other "assault weapons" and now wants to take mine when I NEED mine to protect me and my family from the animals THEY ARMED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/394081/when-you-say-youre-afraid-of-the-government-who-exactly-are-you-afraid-of/80#post_3508413
Also, this was only 4 of them. I have seen as many as 150 in a group. 6 or 10 round magazines will get you dead quick if they make a move. With 30 rounds(and 3 of them), I can actually have a prayer of saving my family if the worst happens. If the liberal's Lord and Savior has his way, only the cartels THAT HE AND HOLDER ARMED will have high capacity "assault weapons". Still not one liberal has answered that basic question, so I posit it again: do you (insert any liberal on this forum here) think it is right that Obama and Holder(Bush started and quickly stopped when he realized they were untraceable in Mexico, so don't say it was a Bush program-his was dead for over 3 years) armed the cartels with 2000-3000 AR15's and AK47's and many other "assault weapons" and now wants to take mine when I NEED mine to protect me and my family from the animals THEY ARMED?
See, this is where I wish the states actually had more power than the federal government. Obviously for someone like you, I would say it's imperative for your safety to be able to have and keep AR-15's. However, for someone in Connecticut, not so much. I would love for Texas to be able to say "Yes, you can", and if Connecticut wanted to have a ban, then go to town. I personally feel like it should be up to the people to decide in their own individual states.

mantisman51

Then we are in agreement. It should be up to the state to the point the the Constitutional right is not threatened. So a state should be able to regulate what is allowed as far as magazines or where and when they can be carried/used, as long as the basic right to self-defense is not taken away.

dragonzim

Yay, now I have to get background checked just to go to a sporting goods store and pick up a box of shells for my new shotgun!

mantisman51

Remember, these politicians writing the laws aren't your rulers and they're not your boss. They are supposed to work for you. Start voting for politicians who actually believe in freedom and that YOU are the boss and get others to stop voting for who will give them more stuff "for free". 80% approval rating for that lying, Constitution-burning, thief you call a governor. I really can't blame him, though. The people of New York have got what they voted for:tyranny.

reefraff

I just became a first time member of the NRA. Not a fan of Wayne but I've had it with the Nazi like moves 0bama and the Democrats are making. It's spooky.

zman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/394081/when-you-say-youre-afraid-of-the-government-who-exactly-are-you-afraid-of/80#post_3508422
I just became a first time member of the NRA. Not a fan of Wayne but I've had it with the Nazi like moves 0bama and the Democrats are making. It's spooky.
Reef, I hate to be the one to throw cold water on the measly $25 annual membership fee. I am sure that money just covers the operating expenses; salaries, facilities, business travel an living, advertising, etc.. A fraction if any would cover the PAC. 4+Mill members = roughly 100 million +.
If you are afraid, they really need you to “Donate” to the NRA-ILA PAC like the 200+ firearm manufacturers. This is where the lobbying money truly comes from. You’re just supporting the store front.
Don’t want to scare you more, but now you are on the LIST - Big Brother is watching J

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman1 http:///t/394081/when-you-say-youre-afraid-of-the-government-who-exactly-are-you-afraid-of/80#post_3508441
Reef, I hate to be the one to throw cold water on the measly $25 annual membership fee. I am sure that money just covers the operating expenses; salaries, facilities, business travel an living, advertising, etc.. A fraction if any would cover the PAC. 4+Mill members = roughly 100 million +.
If you are afraid, they really need you to “Donate” to the NRA-ILA PAC like the 200+ firearm manufacturers. This is where the lobbying money truly comes from. You’re just supporting the store front.
Don’t want to scare you more, but now you are on the LIST - Big Brother is watching J
I did lifetime membership, it's a little more than 25 bux. Also joined Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, did that when I signed up to win a free AR 15. Already a member of Gun owners of America.

darthtang aw

GaryAside from Ron Paul, who exactly fit that bill in the recent, or actually any recent history presidential election?
Gary Johnson.

reefraff

This was unexpected. The wife who gives me crap about my guns all the time asked me to sign her up for the NRA too. 5 year membership. I guess this would be the time to order the 308 upper for the AR

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/394081/when-you-say-youre-afraid-of-the-government-who-exactly-are-you-afraid-of/40#post_3507934
The Border Patrol keeps me and my family safe from the cartel smugglers-just 2 nights ago showing up to save my daughter and I from 4 cartel mules bound and determined to take my truck. I now live out away from everyone and everything on the border, I couldn't exist there without Federal intervention. The mail started showing up the day I got my mailbox up-UPS and Fedex won't deliver "way out there". The local school district added an extension to the bus route to make sure my daughter could get to and from school. The Federal Game and Fish agents have hunted and killed several coyotes who were determined to kill my turkeys. My local sheriff's department sent 3 officers to back up BP when the cartel mules came around. The U.S. Army is flying drones 24 hours a day over my area to watch out for cartel smugglers(aw, Bionic's buddies are being discriminated against). I have millions and millions of Federal $ protecting me while I carve out my humble little piece of the American dream. I have 0 complaints about our government. The politicians who want to twist the Constitution and empower the ATF to take my guns so that I can't protect myself from the cartels that THEY ARMED, I have a problem with. I have 1 question for liberals: Do you think it's right that YOUR president and YOUR attorney general armed the cartels and now want to take MY firearms that I have owned for over 20 years and committed NO CRIMES with? Yeah, I'm back! And I will answer liberal stupidity with facts and common sense. Also, as far as those crying for "Obama, president for life" for which I was called a lunatic right-winger:reagancoalition.com/articles/2013/20130108004-obama-third-fourth.html.
The troll crawls out from under the bridge. How's that Doomsday Prepping going? I figured with that arsenal of yours, you could handle those mules all by yourself. The straw purchaser's who work for the cartels are the one's providing the guns to the cartels. You do realize that YOUR President and YOUR AG provided guns to the Mexicans in their little "gun walking" scheme back in 2007? Oh how soon the Converts forget. Your version of "facts and common sense" is an oxymoron. I bet you're a "Truther" as well.
Didn't know the "American Dream" was living in the middle of cactus, tumbleweeds, and rattlesnakes. Then again, living in a double-wide like Honey Boo Boo is considered a "dream" these days.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/14/fast-and-furious-bush-administration_n_1011305.html

darthtang aw

The troll crawls out from under the bridge.  How's that Doomsday Prepping going?  I figured with that arsenal of yours, you could handle those mules all by yourself.  The straw purchaser's who work for the cartels are the one's providing the guns to the cartels.  You do realize that YOUR President and YOUR AG provided guns to the Mexicans in their little "gun walking" scheme back in 2007?  Oh how soon the Converts forget.  Your version of "facts and common sense" is an oxymoron.  I bet you're a "Truther" as well. :rotfl:   Didn't know the "American Dream" was living in the middle of cactus, tumbleweeds, and rattlesnakes.  Then again, living in a double-wide like Honey Boo Boo is considered a "dream" these days.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/14/fast-and-furious-bush-administration_n_1011305.html
Look, a Texas bred Hippie. Very rare. Practically endangered. Lets build a preserve just for him. We can call it France.