Where did this come from?

So I have been hypoing my display courtesy of ich. I took out all my LR and put it in a container and ignoring it except adding RO/DI water and keeping it heated. Today I go to check my rock and find this little doo dad, what is it and where did it come from? I have not even been providing any light to the rocks.

Have not touched, looks to be soft though. Looks like an anenome, just a really funky lookin one. It opens up like on but only has like 6 little things sticking off it and the center looks like a star when it opens.
Ok, so that is strange, I took a bit of freeze dried shrimp down incase I could feed it, held the shrimp in front of the tentacles, it grabbed it and sucked it into itself.

loopy101

i am guessing here but i would have to say it kinda looks like a jellyfish of some sort. and what you said about how it fed itself it really sounds like a type of jelly fish

loopy101

it is attatched to the rock?? hmmm i am lost on this one!aipitasia atleast the ones i have seen when ya even come close to touching it, it pulls in fast.i guess the way you said it grabbed the food and pulled it in made me think of a jellyfish.
do you have lights on over the rocks? i am curious to see what others think kind of surprized no one else has answered!