Where did you go on your honeymoon?

fuax

My wife and I went to the Smokey Mountains IN Tenn. Gatlinburg, Tenn. Stayed in a Log cabin for a week and a half. . We took a 2 hr heliocopter ride over the entire mountain range It was awesome.

yacobito

Hey Faux, what else did you do while you were there? I camped a night in the Smokies a couple years back on my way down to Florida, and it was beautiful. They have what looks like really sweet cabins for reasonable prices, but I was worried that there wouldn't be much around other than the mountains. Are there any towns near by or places to visit?

fuax

We got a small 2 room log cabin on top of a mountain (spent alot of time in there IT was our honeymoon hehehhehe). We also went into Pigeon Forge a nearby town (Dollywood Is near there). There is tons of stuff to do there lots of small shops to check out plus Dolly Parton has a show similar to Medievil Times in Pigeon Forge. We went a on a short hike through the mountains to a place called Laurel Falls. We took a few long drives through the mountains.

molamola

Originally Posted by Fuax
We went a on a short hike through the mountains to a place called Laurel Falls. We took a few long drives through the mountains.
I think I went to Laurel Falls a few years ago...FREEZING water if I remember, but lovely nonetheless. :yes:

fmelindy

My wife and I got married in Cuba and honeymooned there. HOpe I din't offend anyone by saying that! :scared:
Incidentally, it was totally awesome and we go back every year now!

Please dont
me. (too hard).

fmelindy

safer than Canada in my experience (been there 3 times). Seems like everyone thinks that just because its a communist country that there's someone lurking to kill you behind every tree! I'm not trying to say you do, that's just a very similar question I get asked over and over from my own acquaintances here in Canada. Man, there's a cop behind every tree almost, it's ultra-safe! They have obviously been told to look out for and take special care of tourists. Nobody is gonna mess with a tourist in Cuba. I'd say the only people cuba isn't safe for is cubans (unfortunately).

lovethesea

you'll have to go to Grand Cayman first, then to Cuba. You will not be able to
enter Cuba from the U.S. or get back for that matter. Being a U.S. citizen, I am even wondering if you can get in from there. But I know Cayman citizens do go there regularly.
Someone else may know for sure.
My cousin just got back from Punta Cana.....loved it and said it was beautiful. Went through Apple Vacation....all inclusive.

jacksdad

Didn't go there on my honeymoon, but Sandyground Estates in the BVI was fantastic. There are 9 houses that are rented out. 30 minute boat ride to Virgin Gorda and St. Thomas. Secluded, it's on a very small island. Power goes out at 11 PM. Rain water used for the shower, etc. Showers are open aired, just walls. Private beach. Very, very romantic.
Bob

elfdoctors

My wife and I went to Australia for two weeks. We definitely want to go there again. :yes:
For our 10th anniversary, we will be going on a 10 day cruise in the Mediterranean in late September. It starts and ends in Venice and has stops in Sicily, Rome, Florence, Monte Carlo, Corsica, Sardinia and Dubrovnik (Croatia). We are definitely looking forward to it. :D My sister did a similar cruise for her honeymoon and she loved it.