Where in the world are the fish lovers?

greg

st. charles Ilinois typical subarb the plus?I'm 5 minutes from advanced aquatics(aka a splash of life)great great reef store with good prices.

gorko

Come down to Gainesville, FL and say Hi. Quiet town with a very big college in the middle. GO GATORS.

raistlin

Birmingham AL! A big ROLL TIDE to all my aquarists bretheren out there! I live just outside of Birmingham in Vestavia. We have a great LFS less than five min away.No aquarist society thought (we really need one).Its great to see people from all across the country involved in the hobbie!
Keep the reef,
Raistlin

lionfish

I live in Tenessee . Nice winters, perfect summers~! There are a couple fish stores in my area but only one carries Marine livestock.
LionFish~
[This message has been edited by lionfish (edited 08-22-2000).]

fishycouple

Hi..I guess not ornly are my wife and I the novice Saltwater aguarians but we are probably the oldest in the postings too...I'm 56 and my wife Susan is 45.
Our previous hobby was sports car racing (SCCA),since 1969, until I retired from racing in 1998.
I dont know moderation..lol
Anyway, thanks for the great advice so far!
Rick

blacktip

Wow...this is really cool...it is neat to see so many people over so many miles all involved in one of the greatest hobbies in the world. I am from chicago, one of the worst cities in the U.S. Cold winters and long summers ( road construction during spring, summer and fall) I have been involved in marine keeping for 18 years now and had the awesome opportunity to work with some truly gifted people in our hobby. I am now the current co-owner of an booming importing business (marine fish and corals) with our biggest amount of business in the collection of sharks for public aquaria. I also am the co-owner of a little retail shop a few miles from home. I do have one pet peeve though, since this new internet-mailorder business began I am amazed at how many fish shops have gone under. So to make a long story short.......support your local LFS they need your money more than those mailorder-internet businesses do. Keep the hobby alive, and happy reefkeeping!!!

greg

blacktip i agree we should support our lfs and i try with a couple of them but in the nw suburbs of chicago most of the lfs are OUTRAGEOUS with there prices.i would love to help em and it would be less headaches for me but to markup that much there is no way. but for anyone in the area fish finatics in bloomingdale and advanced aquatics in elgin are excellent and reasonable.didnt mean to get on soapbox.this hobby is $ enough without 300% markups

broomer5

just South of Toledo Ohio ... home of the .. ummmmmmmmm ... known for it's beautiful .. ummmmm close to well nothing really LOL.
I live out in township near Toledo and there are several good lfs's in my area. My all time favorite is Tropicorium in Southeast Michigan .. what a wild place it is !!!
Here's link http://www.tropicorium.com/
Only been involved with this saltwater hobby since April this year, so much more interesting for me than freshwater, and I absolutly love it !!! I read a lot but actually have learned equally as much from folks like you all on this board ... and every now and then I toss in and idea or two

Already want a larger tank .... think I am hooked for life

Have fun !!!
Broomer ( 41 years old )

fishgirl

Originally posted by sammystingray:
Hey fishgirl,
We got cedar point up here! They got some really top notch coasters, but the lines are out of control.

Busch Gardens, Williamsburg VA has Alpengeist, the world's tallest, fastest most inverted coaster with 8 inversions, two cork screws, and runs over 75 MPH. We also have Apollo's Charoit, 210 ft tall and almost 80 MPH and pulls lotsa Gs. Come on over and visit. Plus you can see colonial Williamsburg and all that stuff.

ktwheet

Very cool you guys. In case you've been reading for a while, this is Ktwheet, the one who started this monster post. A lot of you guys live in places that are on my list of possible new homes. I am applying to graduate schools in psychology in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Eugene (Oregon), Chicago, New Haven (CT), Ann Arbor, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Champaign-Urbana (IL), Chapel Hill (NC), Charlottesville (SC), Boston, Austin, Tucson, and UVA somewhere in Virginia. I know, long list, but it's tough to get in to some of the schools. The thing I hate most about Memphis is the 100% humidity and the lack of snow. Beale Street is okay if you like to party, but that's about all there is to do here. It would be very cool to live near another saltwaterfish hobbyist! I appreciate you guys! (Keep posting if you haven't already...).

sharkee

bonjour from montreal,
want to learn some french? i grew up a bit all over the world, so mainly iconsider miself a citizen of the world...lol. as for now, montreal is home to me and i love it. besides the harsh winters(snowiest city in the world) it tends to have a european flair to it. more and more US movies are being filmed here. u can have an espresso(italian coffee) anywhere in town. very metropolitan city and you can find any type of restaurant. great clubs and a very fun city to live in. i got my 75 gal in november as xmas gift, and been runing a fairly succefull reef tank. lost lots of fish but the tank is running gr8. and as for hockey, we eat it, live it and breath it! go habs go!

mr . salty

Hey SAMMY, No claims, The Millenium officially breaks,I believe,4or5 records.It's in the books.......STEVE

H

hogwild

Fayetteville, Arkansas. Home to the University of Arkansas - GO HOGS!

mako

I live in Cocoa Florida,Almost right smak in the middle of Beth and gorko nice place to live for a reefest [HUGE GATOR FAN - GROWL]

kris

Minnesota---2 seasons here-winter and road construction. Like someone mentioned prices for fish here are incredible!!!! Prices range from 35 for a small perc to 350 for a queen angel. Oh well, what can I expect living the furthest possible distance from any ocean.