Where to place Xenia?

reeferman1

I just received some pulsateing Xenia. Where do you place them in the tank?
I have have 250w MH lighting. Do I place them high or low and what kind of flow do they like? Thanx. :help:

bang guy

They like moderate to low flow. If it were me I would place them where they can't spread out of control. On a shelf or surrounded by small rocks that can be easily removed to thin them out.

scubanoah

Hey daryl, hows it goin? In my display, i have one large rock with xenia on it that i keep kinda isolated from the rest. kind of like an island by itself. that xenia you have grows real quick so it would fill out a large rock fast. as far as flow goes it does fine everywhere in my tank, low flow, high flow, top, bottom. i feel it does best in an alternating current at the bottom of the tank.

reeferman1

Hey Scuba! Thanx, I have them in my Fuge right now, getting ready to add to the main display. How are your new frags doing?

scubanoah

doing great, everything is out already and looking good. does the orange monti brighten up at all or does it stay darker orange? also i just got a nice size yellow fiji leather i might frag for ya if interested.

X

xrobbx03

from my experience xenia grow not matter where you put them or how much flow is on them.

jacksonpt

Another idea is to put them on a small rock in the middle of the sand bed, again as a way to control their spreading.